Been a long time but finally!

fatherof3

Well it has been a long time since I posted a fishing report for the simple fact I have not had anything worth posting lol. since moving here the fishing has been frustrating to say the least but that changed tonight. Since the river became ice free my friend and I have been hitting the river in search of a certain species that I have never caught before.We would hear people saying that they were running or gone or not come through yet never getting a good answer so we just kept trying and trying and trying.We would go out on freezing nights or rain or windy nights with nothing to show other than a bunch of mudpuppies(a first time catch for me lol). We must have went out at least 20-30 times and never caught the one fish I wanted and were about to give up thinking we must have missed them.My buddy said lets try one more time so off we went. Started around 7:30 in the evening and left around 11 and am really glad we went. right away we started getting fish as a bunch of these showed up.
IMG202.jpg

We must have caught 20 of these guys and had a great time.Now we had been told that when these guys show up my target fish is in with them so started getting my hopes up.Maybe this would be my night.Sure enough as it starts to get dark I get a massive hit that snaps my 6lb test in seconds.This was not a silver. 5 minutes later my friend gets a hit and lands a nice 3lb fish.No sooner does he have it out of the water do I get a hit,fish on! This is what was at the end of my line and I couldnt be happier.

IMG205.jpg

Finally! All the nights spent till midnight,the 2am wake ups and all the crappy weather I finally caught my first ever.I know it isnt the biggest by any means but it is a beautiful sight to me.So in under 4 hours of fishing we managed over 20 silvers,one gar pike,one pike and three of our target fish.Not a bad evening and so happy I tried one last time.Heading back tonight so hopefully the luck continues.Just for the record the river we are fishing has an open all year season for walleye and glad it does cause it feels like it took me a year to get one.

Congrats!!

I can relate. It took me seven years to catch my first steelhead. Season after season, lots of hookups, never landed one. Thought it would never happen. Lucked out, got one on a fluke, and ever since - have lost two and landed over 100. You'll be into 'em now regularly, i'd bet!