New tow vehicle... need a tent

Well, I traded in the jeep this week and drove out with a 2013 ram 1500. Awesome, lovin it so far. Great on gas. Averaged 19 mpg in Toronto stop and go this week. Has the 300hp Pentastar V8 with 8 speed rolls royce trans.

Anyway if anyone is selling or knows of someone selling a truck tent that goes in the back of the bed let me know. I have seen them pop up for sale here and there.

damn that fuel economy is pretty unreal, especially considering it will probably only get better once the engines worked in. 19mg in stop n go isn't all that much lower than my mazda3. Sorry I cannot help with your topic, but I had to comment!

enjoy the truck!

Yah I am super happy with the economy. One the tonneau cover goes on it should be better. Here is a pic. I don't have a cosco membership. Princess auto has one as well.

Edited by jedimaster

Yes, 4x4, real 4x4, as in Part time, no limited slip rear end though. Has low rolling resistance tires, they also did alot of weight saving on this years model, alluminum hood instead of steel, lowered the weight of other steel components as well. Also alot of the components are now electric instead of belt driven, Power steering, brake pumps etc... Dodge finally did there homework and it netted them a realy impressive truck. As well as motor trend truck of the year. I drove a few others as well, but this is really an impressive truck.

Its sticker rated for 36mpg on the highway, and it actualy hits that if you have the cruise set at 100km/h on flat ground. Of course real highway driving I think hits around mid 20's I'll test it tomorrow as I am leaving early for fishing and will be cruising hopefully traffic free up the 404 early in morning. The 8 speed transmission is truly amazing. It does seek for gearing a bit in the lower speeds but it does a great job keeping the rpm's in check. I did find on the highway it wanted to cruise in 7th and mileage wasn't as good, but if you kick it to 8th it just sits there and sips gas.

a cap or tonneau is mostly useful for detering thieves (and keeping snow from turning into a block of ice when it thaws/freezes lol)

cap on or cap off, I've noticed very minimal impact to my fuel economy and that's with both a flat top and 6" rise

nice truck, almost bought a 5.7 hemi 3 weeks ago but stayed wtih a 150 mostly cause i got a wicked deal on it, but i still think aobut the ram test drive, good ride

If I had the room it would already have a cap on it. I haven't seen any proof anywhere stating that a tight fitting cover reduces economy. Most say its minimal.

Myth busters put it to the test...

If memory serves me correct... Straight up regular truck box with tail up was best...

From beaverton to Peterborough towing the boat got 19.8 mpg normally this trip was a full tank in the liberty. Went through half a tank in new truck. I heard there was a lawsuit pending with the f150 as its not good on gas at all.

Nice truck man, almost traded my Frontier in last year for the same one. If you can swing it try KIJIJI for a cap. I sleep in mine out in the bush and its the cats meow, especially in a lightning storm when it lights up the surounding lake and trees at night.

Nice ride ! congrats , thats some awesome mileage , Tonneau covers or dropped tailgates make the truck harder on gas ...fact.

Randy's right. They proved the theory on Myth Busters, dropping the tailgate or using a mesh across the rear improved mileage by zip. It's all marketing to get you to buy aftermarket.

Nice rig for a non GM truck. That sticker mileage they claim is done in a lab on wheel rollers, makes me laugh. My new Silverado uses about 4 more Lt/100 km than it's claim.