Fishing GPS App

there is a Garmin GPS app for the iPhone, it does cost $50.00 bucks though. Had it on my iPhone 4, upgraded recently and updated my new iPhone 4S using my iCloud account. Works great.

I just use the generic map software on my 4s. You can drop waypoints and save them to your book marks.

And to boot, the satellite imagery is taken during the winter time. So you can see access points and hit communities on some lakes..

• 1 month later...

For $15 the Navionics Marine & Lakes USA/Canada app gives you access to both coastal and inland waters. Over 18,000 lakes and growing. This is the perfect back-up GPS that includes routes, waypoints, tracks, search features, marina listings and more.

I went to the Navionics site and app store to download the $15 app and all that is listed is the HD version for $55.

Is this the same product as the cheaper version, only in HD? And why can I not find the $15 version to download?

Thanks

I went to the Navionics site and app store to download the $15 app and all that is listed is the HD version for $55.

Is this the same product as the cheaper version, only in HD? And why can I not find the $15 version to download?

Thanks

same product. I think you have the setup to show only HD apps for ipad and whatnot. If you change the "device" category to "all" like mine is showing, you should see all the apps including the non HD apps. Some non-HD apps dno't show up in full size on an ipad because thy were written for an iphone size display so you need to zoom it to fill the screen on an ipad. ..this is the case for Navionics. My screenshot doesn't show the price because i have it, and have not updated it so you see "UPDATE" in the price box. It's hard to read, but i have 55 apps not up to date on this ipad and even more on the phone. I'm not big on keeping thing on the latest version especially with tablets and phones because you can't go back so easily if at all when a new version has problems.

IMG_1762_002.jpg

It's not really a maps app, but it ties in with your google maps.. "my fishing companion" ... It is free. It allows you to add a journal entry w/pics and mark spots where you caught fish. It worked amazing for ice fishing.

Nope, that doesn't seem to be the case, all apps are showing when I search for other things. When I try to link from the navionics page link, I get a broken link Text at the top of the page. Perhaps I will give it a couple of days to see if the fix it

• 2 weeks later...

when you search for Navionics on an iPad, you will only see the HD version. If you search on the phone, only the regular app will appear. $15 for the phone and $55 for the iPad. Plus auto-routing is available within the app. add some waypoints and the app routes you safely.

If you are looking for a particular lake and it is not there, than you can do something about it. Check out SonarCharts (http://www.navionics.com/en/sonarcharts). Just released for the US, it should be available before the end of the year in Canada.

You cannot record data from your phone, if that is your question. But from certain chart plotters, you can. SonarCharts was released in the US and should follow this fall in Canada where you can record sonar logs to update the charts. http://www.navionics.com/en/sonarcharts.

This is a simple process of recording your sonar logs and uploading the data to Navionics.com. After about a week, when you update your current Platinum chip, Navionics+ or NavionicsUpdates chip, you will see a new layer of bathymetric data.