any good custome rod builders in ontario

Guess it depends on your idea of affordable.

Spiel gets my vote for some amazing work... I'm sure others mentioned do some fine work too, but I've never fished with their creations vs 3 of Spiel's marvels.

Where is he located? and how much were the work of arts he made for you?

This is a great topic, I have found a guy locally...but I haven't pulled the trigger as I have no experience in venturing into the custom rod building. The guy claims he can make an amazing punching rig for 200 bucks. He just can't give me details on what "amazing" is.

is they any others

I have noticed you edited out your original post removing your name, which was Ethan. Coincidentally I happened to take a look at the floatfishing net rod building page yesterday, and there was a warning about a guy named Ethan screwing Spiel on a rod deal. Coincidence? Given those interesting circumstances I don't think I'd recommend anyone to you!

That does not mean that itWas not me

Ethan, there are a lot of guys on OFC who peruse the float board as well…

The threads on custom rod builders, baitcasters for steelhead, and the horrible application of the English language (on both message forums) really gives it away…Just saying…

Keep in mind that honesty is always the best policy

is they any others

My neighbour is also a certified custom rod builders by the 'Guild'..has been for years..was just over there today and his 'fishing rod room' is amazing! We live in Coldwater ( near Orillia-Midland) and anyone that needs/wants a rod built or rod/reel fixed up, shoot me a message for his info or I can post it here?

cheers

Rich

Ethan, there are a lot of guys on OFC who peruse the float board as well…

The threads on custom rod builders, baitcasters for steelhead, and the horrible application of the English language (on both message forums) really gives it away…Just saying…

Keep in mind that honesty is always the best policy

Does not mean he as to be an ass about it just drop it I did nothing wrong

Funny in 38 years you are the first person I have hear Spiel refuse a build too. Just saying.... BTW I own 5 of his masterpieces and am not only proud of them but have been offered more than twice what I paid. Value grows on quality products.

Art

When I finally made up my mind to have Spiel do my first custom by him,I drove down to him and talked in person. It also helped that there was another guy there that has had many built by him. ;) When all the talk was done,I dropped my deposit in his hand(which I was told was not really needed,but thats the way I roll) and I couldnt wait til it was done and in my hands. It was more then what I wanted to spend,but the REPUTATION,had me.

Bottom line,

I have a float rod that will be with me for life and no regrets,putting out the dow for a master piece.

Now Im working on another master piece. Spinndoc,s .CP :good: