Best batterie choice

16sailor

no offense... but why not ask your sponsor @ lakeviewmarine? I am sure they will give you a deal as being part of their prostaff.. I see they carry quiksilver

You can get a better deal there the CTC I would assume.

G

There are very few manufacturers of batteries... but ALOT of brands.. you can bet out of the names you mentioned Costco, Eveready, interstate and quicksilver...Some of them will be made by the same manufacturer...

Look into who manufacturers their batteries perhaps... and go from there..

G

So I need to replace my batteries x3 has anyone ever used the Merc brand "quicksilver"

Costco

Everready maxx

Seems like this season is get a new battery season for many. There are many threads re batteries lately. After extensive research I have found that Johnson Controls makes almost all brand batteries including Kirkland for Costco, Nautilus for CTC and believe Everready for Walmart.

I did learn something new and that is to check the number of charges the battery will take when discharged to 20% from full, it's it is the number that will give a good indication of it's expected life. Look at a $350.00 Nautilus with 900 amps to a $145.00 Nautilus with 900 amps. Something like 1000 recharges vs 60.

The other thing is replacement warranty vs prorated warranties after 1 year. Some of those 1 year replacements plus 2 year warranties will give you around $15.00 after the first year on a $150.00 unit.

Check the manufacture date on the battery, that marine battery may have been sitting in the warehouse since last year or more. Not many marine batteries sold here in the winter. If they don't come fully charged forget about it. My truck costs me $20.00 to get to the city and back, to return a bad battery that won't take a charge may cost me 30% in fuel costs to return it.

If you run any electronics from the cranking battery get a combo deep cell/cranking.