Gimmy them tips!

TheMaverick

Be happy where you are most of the time - if ya keep telling the Captain ya think the fish are "over there" every 2 minutes, and whining that there ain't any here, you may end up walking (swimming) back to shore - and yes it happened - fortunately (or not depending on one's view) I was the Captain.....and I did put up with it for the morning, I was out all day - you do the math! (we weren't THAT far from shallow water)

Michael

The most important tip I ever got was from my Grandfather...

If you are going to take the time, spend the gas money and other expenses involved to go more than an half hour from home. TAKE at least 2 rods and reels with you!!!

I have had many pals who constantly natter and chirp about my bringing too much equipment only to have THEIR trip saved by my having another setup they could use when theirs broke, went in the water or had line that had all but rotted off because they left it in the sunlight all summer before the fall steelhead season started. (Fortunately, though I have never needed a second setup for myself but I always have one just in case.) Also it is an EXCELLENT excuse to buy this year's model of rod and reel when I really don't need too LOL.

On a side note does anyone know of a fishing swap meet coming up?

Watch nature...

Look for diving birds... They feed on the same bait that game fish eat...

Learn to read water... I've been driving down the river and whipped a u turn because I saw something with the current I liked on the surface... GPS shows nothing special... And the spots usually have fish to offer up...

Time on the water is the most valuable tool... If an angler is willing to put in the time and try different techniques... They'll be successful...

Be "cautious" about sharing information... Nothing worse then hitting your favorite spot and seeing you "friend" has spent all morning filling their live well on the spot you worked hard learning...especially when your in a tournament or something... I only show buddies "community" spots anymore... The spots that already get beat up... Keep my more "secret" spots for family fishing or when I need fish on a tough day...

1. Life's full of suprises so make sure you have a minnow net handy if you let your young kids use your livewell to go #1.

2. If you like fiction, you'll love dock talk.

3. IF you lose your hat in 5ft swells on Lake Ontario, forget about it. Life goes on.

4. If your better half harps on you for your lure collection, remind them shoes are not the only things that are seasonal and come in pairs.

5. If your going to buy a rainsuit, buy a good one.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Edited by Harrison