Anyone get out for Turkeys? NF

Rustic-Fisher

I saw one flying over the tree line today while on the way to Caledonia, I knew they could fly and have seen plenty but this guy was way up there at least 30 feet. Nearly got attacked just this past Tuesday going from the 11th hole to number 12 on the golf course, one would think that after all these years we would remember they are nesting there every year. Man they can be mean. Not knowing anything about hunting Turkey have they had their litter by now? Very cool bird to see in the wild and better on the table.

I usually see the weigh station open in May here in Haldimand County, they may be out of season, otherwise I might have laid a 9 iron on her, who am I kidding, that's as close to a birdy I had all year.

Hey Irishfeild, what's all that white stuff on your lawn, hasn't anyone told you guys up there it's been spring now for a few weeks? Come on (weather) man..........the jokes over. Snow flurries Saturday and golf Tuesday in short sleeves.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Gobble, gobble, not mine a good friend got this bird down south in NC last week man I miss that place sometimes.image_zps7edbd1d4.jpg

Nice,

Out again today, spooked two out of their roost on my way in, then spooked another heading to a Different location. And if that's not enough I had me walk right in from of my jeep on Hwy 27.

Thinking I'll stick with rainbows in the spring LOL

Nice,

Out again today, spooked two out of their roost on my way in, then spooked another heading to a Different location. And if that's not enough I had me walk right in from of my jeep on Hwy 27.

Thinking I'll stick with rainbows in the spring LOL

LOL Bud.

Stay at it. You,ll get one. Alot of mateing has been done.The big toms have done their bussiness,BUT Those horny jakes are still looking for a easy hen.

I went out this morning for a few hours. Was fortunate to harvest a decent Tom. :)

Keep at it fellas, the challenge makes the reward of getting one even sweeter.

The setup, just off a hay field / pasture
2013_Tom_00_zpsd2bbc4ec.jpg
Textbook, this fella came in gobbling and strutting, drummed a few times
2013_Tom_02_zpsbf2ff917.jpg
Reward
2013_Tom_01_zps86c403ad.jpg
9" beard
2013_Tom_03_zpscc2117da.jpg
3/4" spurs
2013_Tom_04_zps51737884.jpg

I went out this morning for a few hours. Was fortunate to harvest a decent Tom. :)

Keep at it fellas, the challenge makes the reward of getting one even sweeter.

The setup, just off a hay field / pasture

2013_Tom_00_zpsd2bbc4ec.jpg

Textbook, this fella came in gobbling and strutting, drummed a few times

2013_Tom_02_zpsbf2ff917.jpg

Reward

2013_Tom_01_zps86c403ad.jpg

9" beard

2013_Tom_03_zpscc2117da.jpg

3/4" spurs

2013_Tom_04_zps51737884.jpg

!

WOW! That's motivation !!