Selecting a charger.

Beats

I am looking for assistance and/or recommendations for buying a charger for a deep cycle battery.

I ordered a 30lb thrust Minnkota trolling motor and will be picking it up today. As well I will be grabbing a Group 27 Everstart battery from WM ($87)

From what I`ve read on here regarding battery chargers most people are recommending smart (intelligent) chargers as the way to go. My battery will have no role other than to run my trolling motor. I will be carrying it to the boat, running the motor for a few hours and then taking it home to charge. That`s it. No on-board charging etc.

Should I still be looking for a smart (intelligent) charger? Any recommendations?

I have been told that trickle charge is something to get for sure. I am kinda leaning towards grabbing :

Schumacher 15 10 2 Amp Marine Battery Charger. (is this a smart charger?)

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/15102-amp-marine-battery-charger/10045048?trail=SRCH%3Abattery+charger&fromPLP=true&ancestorID=alldept&searchString=battery+charger&startSearch=yes&fromSearchBox=true&addFacet=SRCH%3Abattery+charger

But have also seen : Motomaster 12 2A Automatic Charger with 75A engine

This one is cheap but I don`t think its a smart charger (if that`s what I need)

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/3/Batteries/BatteryChargers/PRD~0111504P/MotoMaster+12%2B2A++Automatic+Battery+Charger+with+75A+Engine.jsp?locale=en

Should I go for the Schumacher?

Also, one last thing, What are the thoughts on this charger: Looks like a small, neat charger but it says it only chargers at 7.2 A.. Im assumming that means no trickle. Would this work?

Noco Genius G7200 Smart BatteryCharger

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/3/Batteries/BatteryChargers/PRD~0111928P/Noco+Genius+G7200+Smart+Battery+Charger/CROSSSELL~0111504%20MotoMaster%2B12%252F2A%2B%2BAutomatic%2BBattery%2BCharger%2Bwith%2B75A%2BEngine.jsp?locale=en

Thanks a lot.

Check out one at Canadian Tire product number 11 1505, it has conventional, deep cycle and agm.

You can also go to full charge to boost your car truck etc. I bought this one 6 or 7 weeks ago after a discussion with some fellow member, ou wont be dissappointed,

PS talk nice to the manager and try to get it for the sale price, approx 40% off.

Schumacher makes a great charger. I'd go with that one.

The one I use is a nautilus, automatic deep cycle battery charger. 10/2 amp. It charges the battery to 80% on 10A, then switches to 2A to top them off. Works great.

I've had schumachers as well though, and they are a great charger. One of the best IMO.

S.