Where to buy LED bulb for under $8?

Entropy

fees that are not affected by consumption shouldnt be factored into the cost per kwh. These fees are there even if you turn of your main breaker ie. no consumption!

Correct -- let's try this again. These were approx 1 year ago and with the recent rate hike, add another ~10% to the TOU prices. ie. I think we're up to 7 cents off-peak, 10 cents mid and over 12 on-peak so with the additional per kwh Bull charges, we're up to about 13 off, 16 mid, and 18 on-peak.

Here’s a breakdown of my “variable” per kWh costs:

Electricity (c / kWh Adjusted Usage)

Off-Peak – 6.2

Mid-Peak – 9.2

On-Peak – 10.8

To that we add

Delivery

Distribution Volume Charge – 3.6 c kWh (Metered Usage)

Transmission Connection Charge – 0.44 c kWh (Adjusted Usage)

Transmission Network – 0.574 c kWh (Adjusted Usage)

Regulatory

Market Service Rate – 0.52 c kWh (Adjusted Usage)

Rural Rate Protection – 0.13 c kWh (Adjusted Usage)

And finally

Debt Retirement – 0.7c kWh (Metered Usage)

All that equals (c/kWh Adjusted Usage)

Off-Peak – 11.8017

Mid-Peak – 14.8017

On-Peak – 16.4017

Edited by Raf

Just bought a 2W, 160 lumen, soft white LED, for $8.56 tax in. CTC had them for about $12 but the there was an OPA rebate for $5.00. This is the best value for the lumen and wattage, that I have come across so far.

Entropy

• 11 months later...

Just a heads up. Canadian Tire has their 2w LED bulbs on sale for $8.99, and the OPA has a $5 in store instant rebate, which brings the cost down to $4 a bulb. They don't give off as much light as a 9w or 13w CFL that many people are using now, but might be worth the try.

Entropy

Where do I buy a couple of LED light bulbs for $8 or less.

In my house we leave a table lamp on in the living room and one in the rec room all night for the kids to be able to navigate the house if and when they wake throughout the night. I would to put LED bulbs in them, but am only willing to spend $8 or less.

Where do I go?

Thanks,

Entropy

Costco has 3 packs of 40W equivalents for less than 20 bucks. they work great.

for lamps to be sold in stores they have to be ETLCm,csa, ulc....etc.... but anything less then 400lumens is a very low output light.... What you need to pay attention to is the efficacy of the lamp which is the lumens per what of consumption....!

generally a 5 watt descent led witll be appx 400 lumens, thats a pretty god general purpose lamp. You should be able to get something of that lumens output for appx$8-10 each! keep in mind the 43 pack lamps are usually sold like that ause they are of lower quality thus to sweaten the pot they sell them in packs at an aggressive price to move as much p[roduct as possible because they already have the next gen lamp with the same consumption but with 10-20% more light ouptput that they want to push so "out with the old and in twith the new"!

Home hardware currently has a Philips 11w A19 bulb which is the equivalent of a 60 watt bulb for $15. It's a soft white with over 800 lumens so its certainly bright enough. With the save on energy coupon it's $10 plus tax.... a good deal for a decent bulb..