Special mate spoon tackle boxes locally? Where?

buick14

Hey guys,

Does anybody know a local store that might hold a decent selection of salmon trolling spoon containers , I am looking for something like the special mate tackle box or similar to hold 100+ trolling spoons of various sizes? I live in Toronto.the bottom link is what I'm looking for, or any tackle management system that's similar, will show all my spoons and so they don't clank and chip like crazy. Thanks!

http://www.coldwatertackle.com/trinity-industries-medium-8-special-mate-tackle-box

Thanks! Mark

Damnit!!!!!! Wish you had more.....Belleville eh?...don't know if I can road trip it, maybe he ships. Do u like yours for trolling spoons ?

I have the spoon box but most of the hooks hanging off the dividers belong to cranks and it is the Cats' Ass. He does ship but I'm due to make a trip out there for the Wally opener and if he has any left I'll give you a heads up and pick up an extra 1 for you, that is if you haven't already purchased one.

Maybe try Tightlines on Brock Rd. in Pickering.

Pretty sure they carry a good supply of salmon type gear.

905-837-0544

John is well stocked Lew but I didn't notice any when I stopped by a couple of months ago. Wouldn't hurt to call.

Edited by moxie

John is well stocked Lew but I didn't notice any when I stopped by a couple of months ago. Wouldn't hurt to call.

It's been several years since I was in there, but I remember at one time he had a good supply.

Always like dealing with John, perhaps I should take a road trip one of these days.

It's been several years since I was in there, but I remember at one time he had a good supply.

Always like dealing with John, perhaps I should take a road trip one of these days.

He is good people. Let me know if you ever make it down, stop in for a coffee.

many places carry the CRANK BAIT box (the one with the dividers).

finding a SPOON BOX (no dividers, as the dividers aren't wide enough for most mag spoons) is tougher.

I have 2 of the spoon boxes and they are hard to find. The crankbait boxes will work for most spoons including NK mags but you may have trouble with Big Erns

Edited by SlowPoke

I have 2 of the spoon boxes and they are hard to find. The crankbait boxes will work for most spoons including NK mags but you may have trouble with Big Erns

Ya I don't have monster super magnums or anything, my largest spoon is a 5'5-6 inch.

I wish they made something like but more compact than this for my smaller bass trout spinners and spoons. I hate hearing them clank around and chip/scratch/dent etc. in the Plano boxes. For the longest time I've been looking for drug baggies that are durable that a hook won't Pierce through, and just toss them in bags in a free for all in a plastic toolbox or something