Musky Rod Holders

Rizzo

Never had rod holders in a boat, but now that I'll be trolling a lot more I want to get some holders mounted. My buddy mentionned something about Bert's?? but don't know what this is. I have one down easter (clamp on) that I bought years ago and then never used. I'd be looking to have 2 rod holders mounted on each side for a total of 4. I troll at breakneck speed so something SOLID is a must. Please provide suggestions, and if you have em, a photo of your set up! Thanks.

you can put a small piece towel/tshirt around the clamping point. alternately, you can get more permament downeaster solutions [ie. non-clamp on models that require mounting points.

Go with Trojan Tackle. Just get a riser for your salty and get three more setups.

Cdn. made and a big Musky supporter runs the business.

http://trojantackle.ca/holders.htm

He sells tracks and all the accessories and will custom make something for you to exactly fit your needs if he doesn't already offer it.

Cheers,

Mark

have a look at http://trojantackle.ca/ for ideas

the 'mounted' ones are 'permament' in the sense that they are not quick and easy to remove. so you may want to look at either the rail or clamp style attached to a mounting point/rail which is attached to your gunnel. if your gunnels are in fact 3" then you will not be able to clamp the clamp-on style directly to them.

I love the prop wash mount Lew. I remember seeing the post when you made it. Gonna have to find it again.

And it works really good too, I'm very happy with it. I can put the bait anywhere I want around the prop or even directly behind it.

Hew Lew..are those clamp on ones that just clamp to the rails? I don't have rails currently but it couldn't be too costly to get a couple rails on (could it?).

Those particular clamps are made specifically for the rails Roger although I don't recall the model...maybe S-10 ??

Here's another holder I fashioned out of a solid aluminum tow bar. I made it so it sits right down inside the rear seat post hole and allows you to put the bait anywhere around the transom.

Cnv0606.jpg

Roger... spend a bit of coin and do it right the first time. Put Traxstech (was Pursuit) or Bert's rails on if you have enough gunnel width. Then you can buy accessories as you go along and switch up for any species in less than 5 minutes!

lew8.jpg

lew6.jpg

julyj.jpg

Dont spend a dime until its in your driveway. Alumacraft has a new track/rail system similar to Lund but I dont know if the '12 models had it. Rear seats (flip or pedestal) and travel/storage covers may dictate mounting options.