Diagnosed with a terrible addiction - Introduction

Fishaholic

Hello all,

My name is Adam, and I am a Fishaholic. I want to send a warning out to those who feel addiction would never happen to them, and that fishing is "just a hobby". That was me not long ago! When you start stealing your fiance's earrings to use them as lures, you know you're a fishaholic!

I've been lurking for quite some time and felt it was time to contribute to the discussion.

I'm a 30 year old high school teacher from Brampton. The fishing bug has bit me hard over the past couple of years. Most of my fishing is done out of my modest 16' Sea Nymph, but love the hardwater as well, and will be purchasing a fishing kayak this spring (Leaning toward Cuda 12).

Favorite is bass fishing, but I enjoy all types. I'm pretty big into the researching/studying aspect of the sport, and hope to continue to learn from you all (and contribute myself!).

Feel free to post your secret spots below (I know that is a no-no, but I can't help myself.... I'm a fishaholic!).. j/k

Adam

Welcome.

You certainly are brave, admitting one has an addiction is the first step to recovery. I have heard that one addiction could lead to others. Next thing you know you may start golfing. as well you can lose your job, we don't want your types anywhere around our children.

Half measures availed us nothing.....We stood at the turning point.....we asked his protection and care with complete abandonment........Then we went fishing, and it all got better somehow :angel:

You're in the right place.....keep comeing back.

Paul

ADAM great introduction, my wedding ring went the same way as the earrings, but I am still married to the same woman. :good: ,was born at Brampton General, but family history and growing up in Woodbridge. My dad used to have cabins out the back and people would come from Toronto to rent a cabin and fish on the humber,,,,,long before I was born. :worthy:

Welcome and yes I will break a cardinal rule and give u my favourite fishing spot, the more the merrier.

It is 63 degrees19feet40.1inchesN 113degrees03feet14.7incheswest :angel:

Thanks all,

It seems NONE of you will be any help in helping me get over my addiction *sigh*. What a bunch of enablers!!! I'm sure to end up on an extended version of intervention (haha, can you imagine)!!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Adam

Welcome aboard Adam great intro.

You will find many in your area with the same good problems they all hang out here some post some are still in denile about there Non Problem which is a good thing for them. Once you take the first step like you did and introduce yourself it gets better from there as you will now have many others to share your Non Problem with and maybe meet up with to talk about this Non Problem on the water. I have heard the best recovery from this so called additcion is to beat it with a Ugly Stick Ive been trying for years, but each season I have to go back to be sure I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

Here you will not be cured. We are enablers, well wishers etc . We will help you spend your money on unneeded gear, stay out extra hours on the water, eat up every moment of free time you have...your wife will love this site !!!!!

Have fun

Hi Adam,

Some will say you will get a break in the winter months, others will help you fill your urges by suggesting ICE FISHING and early spring dip netting for suckers so you can catch your own bait to channel cat fish... just saying. NOPE NOT AN ADDICT!!!

Others will suggest you not hang your rods in your livingroom in the off season! I see nothing wrong with adding to the decor.

Welcome to OFC. You have stubbled into the right place... look forward to reading all about your adventures.

Buick, I have 0 issues on spending money on fishing gear I don't need. I have a sick fetish in that I enjoy opening up a plano and seeing all the hooks and weights organized just perfect (I guess one could say my addiction is "terminal" :whistling: )

.Jen,
I don#t get too many breaks, I do love ice fishing!! Right now things are slow just some terrible attempts at steelheading.

A few mentions of wives... my fiancee is very low maint, and likes fishing herself (Although is scared of pike.. :dunno: )

Half measures availed us nothing.....We stood at the turning point.....we asked his protection and care with complete abandonment........Then we went fishing, and it all got better somehow :angel:

You're in the right place.....keep comeing back.

Paul

Great post Paul :D

Welcome Adam to the "fun" we tend to have here. Don't mention and Atlantic what ever you do!

Buick, I have 0 issues on spending money on fishing gear I don't need. I have a sick fetish in that I enjoy opening up a plano and seeing all the hooks and weights organized just perfect (I guess one could say my addiction is "terminal" :whistling: )

.Jen,

I don#t get too many breaks, I do love ice fishing!! Right now things are slow just some terrible attempts at steelheading.

A few mentions of wives... my fiancee is very low maint, and likes fishing herself (Although is scared of pike.. :dunno: )

fix the pike thing and marry her quick!