Big Cliff (semi retired)

Big Cliff

Well I know I have been down this road before but this time it's official I am now semi-retired. I tried it again last year but just couldn't slow down. Carma Industries in Lindsay needed someone to take over as a Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator so I decided to accept the position on a one year contract. Well as of March 11 my contract was up.

I am proud of the fact that I was able to step into the position with minimal supervision and save the company over $300,00.00 in my first year, convince them to impliment a new inventory control system and train someone to take over the day to day responsibilities of doing the job.

I am still working for them as a "Special Projects Coordinator" but with a much reduced work week and more as a consultant which is what I really needed and wanted. I'll probably look for a few other jobs in a consulting role but nothing full time anymore.

So, while I have been absent for a while (after 8 hours a day sitting at a computer, the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was sit down at a computer again) I intend to get back into doing the things that mean most to me. I've already cleaned and sorted all my fishing gear, re spooled a couple of reels with Power Pro 8 (first time using it but I hear it is good) and this afternoon I'm going to start the redesign/building of my new docks. This time they are going to be bigger, lighter, and more sturdy than ever before.

So get ready, Big Cliff is back!!! :)

Congratulations! Seems you'll get the best of both worlds.

If you need a hand (labour, as I'm no carpenter) with dock work let me know. I could help on weekends.

With the new free time, also let me know if you want to hop on my boat anytime, fishing rod in hand.

Most won't even bother to open the thread Cliff... as you've called wolf too many times they'd never believe you anyhow!

Well it's like trying to quit smoking, if you keep trying sooner or later you might get it right. I'm 67 now and starting to feel it so mayby this time! :)

I know what you are saying there Cliff.. Kids talked me into taking an early retirement with everything that has been going on.. Lasted about 5 months.. Starting a new Safety & Compliance Training Company as of today.. Got a Friend that just got let go from her job as a Recruiter in the Transportation and she called me and wanted to start one up with what she knows and my knowledge.. looks like I got to work again...

Good Luck with Retirement Cliff

Edited by Loonietoon

Hey Cliff, good to hear from you!!! I hope your retirement this time at least lasts long enough to get a good season of fishing in :) With luck maybe you can join me on the pontoon boat this year :)

Enjoy my friend, it is more than well earned!

Maureen

Thanks everyone for the good wishes and offers to help with the docks. This year I am going to try to make them so that they are lighter and easier to adjust once they are in place. I am thinking of actually hinging the first section on the shore side so that it can be left attached. The second and third sections I want to use jack posts for so that if the posts settle at all I can adjust back to level without having to take things apart as I have had to do in the past.

I plan on making the deck out of deck board rather than 2X6 like the old one was, that will reduce the weight of the drop in panels by quite a bit and also allow me to make the decking 6' wide instead of the 5' it is right now. The new sections will be 12' long rather than the current 10' which will give me an additional 4' out into the lake and a return across the front of 18' instead of the 15' I did have.

I am going to get the wood ordered today and should start building them next weekend ( April 6 & 7) so if anyone is around and wants to drop by you'd be most welcome. As always, you are all welcome anytime anyways even if it is only to drop by and visit, supervise, or run the BBQ.

Congrats Cliff !!!!! glad all is well with you my friend. Missed seeing you in here. Seems like many of us are makeing life changeing decisions in thier lives lately. New adventure is the key to keeping young and positive. Really happy for you Cliff... :clapping:

Paul