Does a speeding ticket in Pennsylvania effect us here

aniceguy

Yup got a ticket to the policemans ball. Im going to pay the ticket but before I send money I wanted to know does thespeeding ticket I got in Pennsylvania show up on an insurance abstract or with the MTo after being paid here.I haver been trying to see if there is a recripical aggreement but cant find a definative answer on my questio.n

It means the difference between going there/hiring a local lawyer or just paying the fine.

I figure there are so many people here someone has had this experience.

Nope, doesn't effect me at all. :tease: :tease: :tease:

Won't effect you either. ;)

The only time other forces South of the 49th contact our forces up here is when they are looking for someone that did something bad in their juristiction.

They don't give a crap about tickets.

Nope, doesn't effect me at all. :tease: :tease: :tease:

Won't effect you either. ;)

The only time other forces South of the 49th contact our forces up here is when they are looking for someone that did something bad in their juristiction.

They don't give a crap about tickets.

I had one going through Washington on the way to Myrtle beach,back than you paid on the spot,no one new noothiiing!I think out of state out of mind.

Edited by davey buoy

You could try and get new plates for your car? Might be cheaper than paying the ticket if you plan on travelling said vehicle back to the States down the road.

I'm sure it's not quite that easy. Just talked to a friend that received a ticket in New Jersey 5 weeks ago. About 3 weeks ago he received it in the mail.Paid it by money order. He also believes it won't reflect on his insurance.

You could try and get new plates for your car? Might be cheaper than paying the ticket if you plan on travelling said vehicle back to the States down the road.

Your name and license # are still linked to that infraction. If he gets pulled over in PA again and there's a warrant out for him, he'll be in hot water. Not worth it for $250 or whatever it is.. Pay the fine.

Edited by BillM

I would send the money in and pay the ticket. If you get a ticket in any of the 48 states and you return to them any infraction will come up again if you are South of the border. I don't think that your insurance will get the report if they check. I do know the court system has no issues with warrents if it goes unpaid regardless of where you live it is issued and will come up on any name/license run thru by law officers.

Art

This is cut and paste

When I conduct a car stop, I approach and request some form of identification. I prefer a driver's license, but lacking that I can work with a Social Security number or even just a name and a date of birth (bear in mind, though, that if an adult claims to not know their SSN, they're getting some serious scrutiny - this was more often than not the hallmark of someone trying to conceal their identity).

With that information in hand, I return to my patrol car. From here, procedures will vary by agency, but in telling you my process know that it will be largely the same anywhere you go. I would first get on an administrative radio channel set up for this purpose and "run your information" through the dispatcher. This consisted of giving your name, date of birth, gender, race, and driver's license or SS number over the radio. The dispatcher queries their systems with this information, and checks for multiple information items:

• Driving Status. The Department of Revenue database is searched for your information. This record will include all the information present on your driver's license, a current driving privilege status (valid, suspended, revoked, or no privilege), and a list of traffic convictions on your record.
  • Probation or Parole Status. If a driver is on either probation or parole, all law enforcement contacts must be documented and relayed to their P&P officer. If this was the case, dispatch would advise me of this status, give the applicable offense (very important - there will be a big difference in my proceeding actions depending on whether you're on probation for speeding or on parole for assault on a law enforcement officer), and ask for a 'response' - a message to relay to the P&P officer about your demeanor during the contact. I'll then give a very brief description of the contact - usually along the lines of, "Stopped for expired plate, cooperative, issued warning/citation and released," or whatever applies.
  • Caution Indicators. If you have documented instances of being violent during police contact, carrying a weapon, or resisting or assaulting officers, dispatch will notify me using a specific code. This gives me forewarning about previous police contact and may prompt me to request backup or exercise even more acute caution.
  • Warrant Status. Dispatch will query local, state and federal databases with your information to see if there are any outstanding warrants for your arrest:
  1. If so, they will see if there is an extradition limit associated with the warrant. This is the maximum distance the issuing agency will travel in order to come and get you from my jail - and depending on the charge it could be as little as a few miles or as much as nationwide.
  2. If a warrant comes up and I am within the extradition radius, dispatch will ask if I want the warrant "confirmed." I cannot arrest you based on a warrant hit in a computer system - in order for it to be actionable, dispatch must call the issuing agency on the phone and relay the appropriate information. That agency must then physically pull the paper warrant at their facility, ensure that it is still valid, and confirm this with my dispatcher. Arresting you deprives you of your liberty, which is guaranteed at the most basic level of our governance, so they have to make absolutely positive that this information is still valid; a judge could have rescinded the warrant recently before it could be purged from the system, or any number of other scenarios rendering the hit invalid.
  3. So why do they ask if I want it confirmed? The confirmation process will entail the issuing agency clearing the warrant with a note that an arrest was made; dispatch needs to confirm that the suspect is present and that I'm not just running the information in their absence. Also, there are very rarely times when I do not want to confirm a warrant based on circumstances at the scene. If a warrant is confirmed, I am obligated by law to arrest the person - if not, I have just committed a misdemeanor myself. There were very rare instances in which I told dispatch to disregard due to extenuating circumstances (I once declined confirmation on the mother of a week old baby when I found, at two in the morning, that she had a warrant for a parking violation with a $25 bond). You cannot do this lightly and must provide a reason for why the warrant was not confirmed - because a warrant is, by definition, a court order issued by a judge which says that as a law enforcement officer I "shall" arrest the person in question upon lawful contact.

While dispatch is working on all of this, I will input your information into the laptop in my patrol car. I will then be able to see most everything dispatch does (in my case, just about everything except local warrants). In the case of your not having hard ID, I can search by your SSN, and if you've got a license I'll be able to see the information on it and get your DoR picture to confirm your identity. I'll also run your license plate through my computer, which will tell me whether the plates or the vehicle are listed as stolen and what vehicle they're supposed to be on.

Once dispatch returns their information, I'll wrap up the stop accordingly. If there's a warrant, I will of course get another unit and begin the arrest process. If not, I'll decide whether to issue any citations, then return to your vehicle to return your paperwork and release you with either a warning or your citation(s). Law enforcement personnel enjoy what is termed "officer discretion" during a vehicle stop - they have personal latitude in whether or not to enforce a given law/ordinance in a given situation. In your listed circumstance, the officer decided not to ticket you for the stop sign or the seat belt violations, so once he ensured you were not wanted, he released you. This was probably the case in 40-60% of my traffic stops. I often initiated traffic stops knowing that, barring unforeseen circumstances, I was only going to issue a warning. This served several purposes:

It's a state by state deal. If Canada has agreement with the state they share information. Surpising that all border states have agreement and most for popular routes to Florida.

I was fishing a Team Ontario Tournament in Conneticat a couple years ago and 1 of the people got a ticket but Canada doesn't have agreement so they wern't going to pay it.

Yep, and any point loss will also count. My roomate just went through this 3 weeks ago facing a couple hundred and points. Cost him 400 to have xcopper fight it and got it changed to a parking violation with no loss of points.

Good for him,but how can they change the charge like that?