They had been warned... but did not care till 180 each pocket

chessy

I also saw a guy the same day getting fined for walking on the train tracks. He was none to happy about it. As we were walkin towards the creek CO was there in his pick up and told us to stay off the train tracks. Apperantly this year they started fining people for that

buddy on the right was casting way above the bridge when the warden took his buddies away to give them a ticket and every cast he looked over his shoulder to see if warden was looking and casted as far upstream as he could..ti told him what the F are you doing you will get one to .. he then threatened me and told me to keep my fing mouth shut .. i said now cupcake dont let the walk over here stop you from coming over here. some people are just plain dicks.... from talking to a guy on the river that knows this group also says they do fish walley quite a bit if you know what i mean so keep a eye out for truck and guys

The one of the many reasons why I do not fish the east ditches..

No kidding.

Unfortunately I'm out that way in the spring most of the time, and for midweek trips it just makes sense.

In the fall on the other hand...

You're lucky to have the water you do close by

That's what I like to hear!!

Often, when the man and I are going for walks in the off season and we see people clearly targeting and poaching fish out of season in sanctuaries we stop and try to educate them ourselves. I find the lack of officials in our area appauling, but we definitely do our part to conserve every species.

Thanks to everyone who helps along their travels to educate...new and established Canadians alike!

Good to hear there are a few CO's out doing there jobs. Need a few more to be sure. We certainly could use as many as possible. I have only been inspected twice out here in Haldimand Norfolk in 30 years. It's a lot of water to cover but 1 boat could check as many anglers they wanted to on any weekend at the mouth of the Grand or at Nanticoke, from late spring to labour day. I used to remind some un educated homegrown or otherwise, then I realized 90% knew where they were and what they were doing. I've gotten everything from how do you know I'm not native to mind your own business, you can tell who needs a copy of the regs which I used to carry a few with me, there free. I don't bother any longer, no need, speed dial the local office. Or star OPP when I don't get a real person on the phone at the ministry . Everyone today is a tough guy and I don't want to get shot or stabbed over a fish. That sounds nuts but who knows today. Selling fresh for a few bucks a pound for a 15 buck a pound fish to get whatever they need is not nuts today, unfortunately.

Good to hear there are a few CO's out doing there jobs. Need a few more to be sure. We certainly could use as many as possible. I have only been inspected twice out here in Haldimand Norfolk in 30 years. It's a lot of water to cover but 1 boat could check as many anglers they wanted to on any weekend at the mouth of the Grand or at Nanticoke, from late spring to labour day. I used to remind some un educated homegrown or otherwise, then I realized 90% knew where they were and what they were doing. I've gotten everything from how do you know I'm not native to mind your own business, you can tell who needs a copy of the regs which I used to carry a few with me, there free. I don't bother any longer, no need, speed dial the local office. Or star OPP when I don't get a real person on the phone at the ministry . Everyone today is a tough guy and I don't want to get shot or stabbed over a fish. That sounds nuts but who knows today. Selling fresh for a few bucks a pound for a 15 buck a pound fish to get whatever they need is not nuts today, unfortunately.

I'm checked a half dozen times a year in this area. They don't often bother with anything but poaching trout and salmon, or overharvesting perch. Call in HN about someone spearing or snagging trout, they'll show up. Call about someone raping bass off beds, they ask you to take pictures and never show up to look at them.

I left at 5:30 and theirs a guy fishing under the bridge.

It's a double deal fish and game charges are federal offences so getting bonded will be a problem.

Where do you get this from?

In most cases they are provincial charges under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997.

In most cases they are not criminal code charges which are the ones which will effect getting a bond.

buddy on the right was casting way above the bridge when the warden took his buddies away to give them a ticket and every cast he looked over his shoulder to see if warden was looking and casted as far upstream as he could..ti told him what the F are you doing you will get one to .. he then threatened me and told me to keep my fing mouth shut .. i said now cupcake dont let the walk over here stop you from coming over here. some people are just plain dicks.... from talking to a guy on the river that knows this group also says they do fish walley quite a bit if you know what i mean so keep a eye out for truck and guys

I'm surprised you would warn that guy. Why not just let the a'hole get fined??

I use too fish your water too Bill, but seeing stringers of 5 fish been dragged off the Bighead, Thornbury, and Notty turned me off, plus its the same distance for me to go there, as it is for you to come hear, plus ive seen 2 19 pound fish and 1 knockin on 20 from an east ditch this year, and never seen one like that in GB, also fishing the east ditches keeps me in shape, as im nearing 50, and much older then you, and am always good for one to 2 fights per year, which could probably do you good as well, and get you in shape as many of the trip pics we see you on your always passed out or asleep LOL

Sending a game warden down to the trestle will get a few illegal anglers, but I think an even more important undertaking would be to have some one from the ministry in plain clothes checking out 3 or 4 trout spots and nail a few that are paying no attention to the NEW limit of 2 trout!! A picture does little good, nor does a phone call, they have to be caught in the act. There are some of these clowns who catch 2 for themselves, then 2 for their kids, or some fishing buddy. I saw a guy with his 2 kids last week, they were about 9 - 10 years old, and having a helluva good time tossing rocks in the water, while good ol' Dad warched the 3 rods that were set! Not much you can do about that . . . . I was hoping they'd get 2 fish on . . . . the kids were away down the beach skippin' rocks . . . . goodbye to 1 rod anyway!