Toronto Island Kayaking

juan96

Side note - always check the regs before heading out if you're unsure. People here are knowledgeable but if they get it wrong you will have a hard time arguing that "BigBass328 from OFC" said it was open officer, I swear.

If you don't want to paddle in from Cherry Beach, then I would suggest someplace near the sailing school where the canoes and kayaks are stored. It's an easy carry down the ramp to the dock. Most other lots will not have easy access to the water.

Also be mindful of where you are re: island airport. There's a marked off area for float planes and the marine police may come out to remind you to not stray into that area (I still ended up inside the buoys despite my best efforts lol).

fwiw, it's a nice paddle from Cherry Beach and it's early enough in the season that sail and powerboats probably won't cause any problems in the gap. As others have said, stay in your boat and have a complete change of dry clothes in a drybag. If you have proper safety equipment (legal requirement) then you will have a whistle or sounding device on you for emergencies if that should arise).

OOPS there's a perfect example of why you should not anyone's word regarding fishing regulations. For some unknown reason, I was looking at Lake E regs. Read them yourself again. Sorry.

In the interest of preventing an unecessary charge, for the original OP or others, I have to respectfully point out that pike is closed April 1st until the first Saturday in May on Lake Ontario/Zone 20.

This is true

Edited by SirWhite