Lake Superior provincial park

trevy727

Hello all. I was just on the Internet looking for ice conditions for the park. Algonquin park has an ice out website that gives updates daily. Does anyone know of such a site for LSPP?

I'm planning an ice out trip up that way and would love to keep an eye on it. I know it's really early yet but am getting anxious.

Thanks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Hey. A friend was there Saturday and my cousin did a winter camp up there a week ago. There was a full metre of ice on a small inland lake. Just enough space on the finbore micro to punch through. There's also a whole lot more snow than we've had in the last many years. PM me about when your trip is planned etc. and we can chat.

Hey. A friend was there Saturday and my cousin did a winter camp up there a week ago. There was a full metre of ice on a small inland lake. Just enough space on the finbore micro to punch through. There's also a whole lot more snow than we've had in the last many years. PM me about when your trip is planned etc. and we can chat.

Thanks Doc, I'll be in touch. Planning for the week after ice out.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

if you're going where i think you are, there's lots of snow this year so make sure the gate is going to be open before you head up. in past years when we've had lots of snow some of the gates didn't open until the 2nd week of May. looking forward to getting the kevlar on my shoulders and putting the hurt on some squaretails myself.

if you're going where i think you are, there's lots of snow this year so make sure the gate is going to be open before you head up. in past years when we've had lots of snow some of the gates didn't open until the 2nd week of May. looking forward to getting the kevlar on my shoulders and putting the hurt on some squaretails myself.

Yes, you probably do know where I'm going. I'll call the park before hand.

For ice-out information in Lake Superior Provincial Park, send an email to the park staff at [email protected]

I will try to post some lake ice pictures and updates on the blog (on the left side of the home page on the park website):

lakesuperiorpark.ca/

The website and blog are run by the Friends of Lake Superior Park.

This week there is still 110cm of snow in the interior of the park.

Wolfhead

Wawa

Edited by Wolfhead

For ice-out information in Lake Superior Provincial Park, send an email to the park staff at [email protected]

I will try to post some lake ice pictures and updates on the blog (on the left side of the home page on the park website):

lakesuperiorpark.ca/

The website and blog are run by the Friends of Lake Superior Park.

This week there is still 110cm of snow in the interior of the park.

Wolfhead

Wawa

Thanks a lot. I'll definitely check these sites out.

Another way to check for ice-out on Lake Superior and lakes in the immediate vicinity is go to this website:

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.cgi/modis?region=s&page=1

They post 2 to 3 satellite images every day for the Lake Superior area. If it is cloudy, you may not be able to see what you are looking for.

If you want to go out on the big lake, check out this marine weather forecast site:

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/greatlakes/?c=map&l=ls&p=a&m=ws

You can zoom-in on the map for a more accurate forecast. To zoom-in the Canadian waters, you have to click on the American side of the international boundary. If you click on the Canadian side of the lake you will be sent to the Environment Canada marine forecast - it is not as accurate for near-shore weather.

• 1 month later...