Gogama,temagami Or French River?

express168

I know it is early and most of you are getting ready for ice fishing , but I am alredy searching for a good place to stay in spring. Looking for a new spring destination for some good pike fishing. we have done the Port Loring area many times and Red Cedar Lake last year. I personally am leaning towards the Gogama area but would like to hear some additional opinions. I know Lake Simcoe is good and close to home but we like to get up north for this trip. Any opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by express168

those spots are all good if you know what your doing, personally i think the further north you go the easier the fishing may become (most of the time)

How did you like red cedar camp nesr temagami? i was thinking about going there with my father last year for smallies

woodro, in all fairness to Red Cedar Lake Camp the weather was so terrible last May 24 that we truly didn't get to appreciate the fishing and the camp. For the price the cottages were alright and there is alot of area to fish on Red Cedar Lake. I am not too sure about the Smallmouth fishing as all we targeted were pike that weekend.

I've been fishing the last week of June at Minekwa Lodge in Gogama, with 12 guys and we always catch are limit of pickeral halfway through the week. We also had a lot of bass action, I expect to keep going back for several years. They have lots of dock room as well.