Planning any fishing trips this year?

kenzy31

I'm in the process of planning our first outpost trip in September to celebrate my Dad's 50th birthday. We'll be staying with 7 Lakes Wilderness Camps on Marshall Lake which is just north of Nakina, ON. We'll be there from August 31 to September 7, targeting walleye and big pike. The lake also holds a healthy population of whitefish and perch, so we hope to have some whities to bring home for the smoker! With 7 Lakes Outfitters having the only camp on the lake, we're excited to enjoy the seclusion of the north and the fantastic fishing it has to offer.

Does anybody else have trips they're planning for this year?

Where are you going and what will you be targeting?

Do you have any tips or tactics for "newbies to the far north?"

Let's hear you plans!!

Cheers, and stay safe this next week

Jesse

No remote trips planned, but will be doing my usual few weeks on the West Arm of Nippissing thru the summer, then the end of September or early October will be an annual trip to the St. Lawrence and later in the fall is another yearly trip to LSC.

All trips will be strictly muskies.

Always up in my cottage area of Harcourt Park. Can't wait for trout opener on my lake. Heading to the French River for the first time too, really looking forward to it!

Early May trout trip to Algonquin or Addington Highlands-north of Bon Echo

Summer Camping Trip Lower French/GB Islands.

Early August back lakes Port Loring/Pickerel River area

I was in Algonquin at the wrong season for trout last year, but after hitting up the lakes I did, I'd suggest Hogan, Catfish and Cedar. Really beautiful, but tough portages. Rivers are amazing with otters and moose on the scene. Lakers will be biting in Hogan and Catfish for sure, Cedar has pickerel, muskie, whitefish, perch, bass (in the season of course), and Radiant right beside Cedar has specks, pickeral and whities too. I hope you have a great time and dress for the cool conditions on the lakes.

Edited by Deeds

I'm in the process of planning our first outpost trip in September to celebrate my Dad's 50th birthday. We'll be staying with 7 Lakes Wilderness Camps on Marshall Lake which is just north of Nakina, ON. We'll be there from August 31 to September 7, targeting walleye and big pike. The lake also holds a healthy population of whitefish and perch, so we hope to have some whities to bring home for the smoker! With 7 Lakes Outfitters having the only camp on the lake, we're excited to enjoy the seclusion of the north and the fantastic fishing it has to offer.

Does anybody else have trips they're planning for this year?

Where are you going and what will you be targeting?

Do you have any tips or tactics for "newbies to the far north?"

Let's hear you plans!!

Cheers, and stay safe this next week

Jesse

I can sense you're a bit excited Jesse. :)

Glad I was able to help you and your dad find something suitable.

I've got a bunch of trips on tap this year myself, pretty stoked myself.

Cheers

This is a cool thread..aren't they all ?

Sweet Chrisopher k--Sure i'm envious dude-of course i am !

Only thing firmed up for us is Powell River Beautiful B.C.--maybe a trip though with Terry Huber and Crew in Ontario's Near-North

We'll see how the domestic finances hold out-thank God my Ice Queen does not read this webpage--lol

Cheers

Paul.

April trip to manitoulin.

Maybe an ice-out speckled trout trip, alg park or somewhere near home deep in bush.

Walleye opener on some back lake near home.

Ottawa river camping/canoeing trip mid summer.

Many other various trips with the canoe this summer. Who knows where I'll go.

Same as past years.

Lakair for the musky opener in June for a week - then a two-week trip on the French River in September.

Maybe, just maybe, this will be the year of the 50.

Last year, back here in PA, I only got out one time.

Mayhbe this year - I can double or triple that. :dunno:

I would like to start by saying hello to all the members of this site as i am a newbie, after browsing the site for a couple of weeks i decided to become a member and may i add one of the most informative fishing forums that i have come across.With that being said i have decided to change it up this year and try a different outfitter. I have been going on fly ins with Air Ivanhoe for the last five years to different outpost and would like to add the fishing was awesome on everyone of those trips.The reason i decided to change things up this year are from reading two fishing reports from one of the members by the name of Mike Borger one trip was to Ribes lake and the other Anjigaming lake with Parks fly in out of Wawa after reading both reports and viewing all the photos i was hooked and said to my self i am going to Anjigaming so i called my brother and he said lets do it.September canot come soon enough and Mike Borger your post are incredible keep up the good work.

Cheers Mitch.....

no need to travel far for stellar fishing when Lakes Erie, Ontario & the Niagara river are all 20 minutes away

that said, I hope to make it back to my 'ol stompin grounds in the Kawarthas for a few days & possibly my 1st trip to LSC

Edited by fishdawg

I'm going to do a few drive to trips with my boat up past Timmins area and Quebec as well and my usual 3 or 4 trips to the mighty ottawa river for eyes & pike then my dozen or so trips to Haliburton for bass and pike and dust off the downriggers and do some salmon & laker fishing !!!!! Gonna be an awesome year of fishing !!!!!!

We are going to the Kipiwa are in Quebec once again. Can't wait to get chewed on by the black flies...

And then of course I'll be in fishing heaven on weekends this summer as long as the water is high enough to get my boat out of the channel of the Ruscom River and into Lake St. Clair

Going to try and beat my personal best of 50.25 and the boat's best of 52.5!!!

I can sense you're a bit excited Jesse. :)

Glad I was able to help you and your dad find something suitable.

I've got a bunch of trips on tap this year myself, pretty stoked myself.

Cheers

Is it that easy to tell :whistling: lol

Thanks for all the advice, I'm sure I'll be pestering you some more as the date draws closer!

Welcome to the board Mitch.

Never did a fly-in. On the bucket list though.

For me, still trying to figure out the walleye at the relatively new cottage on Pigeon Lake.

Muskie also hard to catch after spring.

always learning. this is a great forum for that

peter