BPS ProQualifier Rain Gear

RickOnt

Hey Rick I know there's a few guys on here that love that suit.

I was at Bass Pro not long ago and for the first time ever had a really close look at both of their rainsuits, the 100mph and the Pro Qualifier.

I tried both on and hands down liked the Pro Qualifier better. It seemed to fit better, especially the bibs. They were way less constrictive than the 100mph bibs.

Between jacket and parka I MUCH prefer the jacket. But that's just me.

Finally that Pro Qualifier suit in the grey colour was really nice, I liked a lot. I would have zero qualms whatsoever buying that suit especially when it's on sale.

Now, all that being said I recently bought the new Cabelas Gore-tex Bass Angler Guidewear jacket and bibs. A bit more money but it's pretty damn sweet.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Clothing/Mens-Casual-Clothing/Mens-Rainwear/Mens-Rainwear-Jackets-Parkas%7C/pc/104797080/c/104746680/sc/104522580/i/104091480/Cabelas-GORE-TEX-Bass-Angler-Guidewear-Jacket-Regular/1547994.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fclothing-mens-casual-clothing-mens-rainwear-mens-rainwear-jackets-parkas%2Fcabelas%2F_%2FN-1100878%2B1000002949%2FNe-1000002949%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104091480%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104797080%253Bcat104522580%26WTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNU&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104797080%3Bcat104522580%3Bcat104091480

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-GORE-TEX-Bass-Angler-Guidewear-Bibs-Regular/1573172.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct.jsp%3FproductId%3D1547994&categoryIds=104797080%7C104746680%7C104522580%7C104091480&WTz_l=RI%3BIK-984738

Hey Rick I know there's a few guys on here that love that suit.

I was at Bass Pro not long ago and for the first time ever had a really close look at both of their rainsuits, the 100mph and the Pro Qualifier.

I tried both on and hands down liked the Pro Qualifier better. It seemed to fit better, especially the bibs. They were way less constrictive than the 100mph bibs.

Between jacket and parka I MUCH prefer the jacket. But that's just me.

Finally that Pro Qualifier suit in the grey colour was really nice, I liked a lot. I would have zero qualms whatsoever buying that suit especially when it's on sale.

Now, all that being said I recently bought the new Cabelas Gore-tex Bass Angler Guidewear jacket and bibs. A bit more money but it's pretty damn sweet.

You prpbably haven't had the suit in the elements yet, but what do you think of the new Guidewears.

Thinking of picking up a set if the new ones are worth it.

You prpbably haven't had the suit in the elements yet, but what do you think of the new Guidewears.

Thinking of picking up a set if the new ones are worth it.

Two of my biggest criteria personally is a waterproof zipper as opposed to velcro flaps, and a goretex jacket WITHOUT a mesh liner. Most of the previous generation Cabelas Guidewear have the mesh liner as does some of the BPS stuff. I find it to be a pain. Way less breathable than a good unlined gore-tex shell.

After looking REALLY hard at every possible option on the market for a jacket/bib set the only other one that was in the same league as this new Cabelas suit was the Simms. Problem is the Simms is substantially more expensive.

My opinion is this particular Cabelas suit is superior to the Simms anyway. So far I couldn't be happier with it.

For what it's worth in case anyone's interested, I recently purchased and have been wearing a pair of Bogs Ultra boots. Best pair of rubber boots I've ever owned. Super light, unbelievably comfortable and warm.

I love my Proqualifier Rain Gear. Got the jacket and pants. They always keep me dry and are really comfy! Had them for years and the price was well worth it. They don't look a day older than when I bought them :clapping:

Hey Mike where did u purchase the bogs? I recently bought Nats. They're very light, warm & grip the ice & snow much like a winter tire. Nicest boot I've ever owned.

Amazon.com

These things have amazed me, they're supposedly rated for -42 or something like that but they're so light and comfortable to walk in.

Mike

The Guidewear looks great, However with the BPS ProQualifier being on sale. Its pretty good for the $$. I think It should fit my needs.

Joey

Thats the feed back I was looking for

Thanks

Rick

I have an older generation of the BPS bibs.For what it's worth, they have always kept me pretty dry and comfy in rough weather. Cabelas goretex is also pretty good stuff, and I have a goretex jacket by cabelas, as well as one of their dry plus wading jackets. Both keep most of the rain out, and breath fairly well. If you put a hard enough beating on any breathable material, they will eventually take on a bit of water in high friction areas, you can mitigate this somewhat by treating them with a good quality wash in like nik wax from time to time.

Edited by porkpie