Need a lodge recomendation!

Hi All,

Thought I had our spot this year all sewn up at Prairie Bee Lodge and lost the spot. Would love to get some ideas for a replacement. It's me and two boys (14 +11). 10 hours or so from Hamilton would be ok. I have my own boat this year so don't need a rental. Boat is 16 ft with 25 hp so could handle a boat in. I want remote but can't be completely alone with the two boys (safety first). Prairie Bee was going to charge us $500 for a week of houskeeping and I would like to keep close to that budget but could afford a bit more. Pike and walleye with smallmouth would be a bonus. I love pike and the chance to hook into a big one is a bonus but numbers are probably more important. The time of year I am looking at is mid-late August.

Thanks,

Chris

If you are looking at northern Ontario Mattagami Lake has some great lodges and the fishing is great that time of year. You will get lots of walleye and pike and there is bass in the lake also. Also Horwood lake in Folyet is probably the best walleye fishery in the north with lots of big pike, Check out Big Bear camps on horwood. Also The Cache Campground in Timmins has cabins for rent and the walleye fishing is good but the pike fishing is great and you will have the whole lake to yourself for pike cause everyone fishes walleye

Sorry to hear you lost your spot. That must have been frustrating. It's hard to find an economical place to go that offers a decent level of remoteness and good fishing.

I'd also consider Horwood Outpost. Its a boat-in and it's fairly remote. From the website, the cost would be $320 for an adult (with your own boat) and $125 per child under 14. Although, I just noticed one of the boys is 14, so maybe you can work that out. Worth a shot anyway.

Ellen Island Camp on Lady Lake Evelyn may be worth a look for you. I was up there last year. Very good walleye fishing and pike fishing isn't bad either. Hosts were excellent, not sure about the cost, but this lake, while fairly remote, also has designated campsites.

I second the vote for Ellen Island. The owners are great, the fishing is amazing at times, and it falls within all your requirements. I've been twice, and maybe headed up for a third this year... If you're going, let me know!

that duncan lake looks very interesting for sure !!! i am looking for a drive to lake so i can take my own boat,and that horwood lake looks pretty remote as well,and im sure would be a walleye frenzy for sure !!!! ...

I've got to ask fishindevil; you live in the heart of the Kawarthas, surrounded by lakes with plenty of water moving through, and you're thinking about driving several hours north to go fishing? What's up with that? Looking for different species?