People that share there knowledge of fishing

chessy

My son got a fly rod given to him and I know absolutly nothing about fly fishing . Ron was down at the ganny and when my son pulled out rod he showed my son how to use it and how to "load the rod" after about 20 min or so Ron gave the rod to son he started to do his thing and got it out about 30 feet and on his very first drift he said i got one. he landed fish as we were all shocked that he got it on his first ever drift. Not only was it his first drift it was on a wooly bugger that he tied himself. Thanks Ron for showing him and kevin for netting it

jtfish-1_zps4d04ff6b.jpg

Ron and Jt

ronandjt_zpse9fd0861.jpg

That Ron's a fine gentleman. Few years back I was fishing perch along with a million others and small ones seemed the norm. Ron somehow spotted me and after showing me some huge jumbos he'd nailed and kindly offering me some tips I was able to get some also. Great ambassador to the sport!!!

Oh hell please stop we don't want Ronnie's head to explode.

Ah WTH you will not find a more passionate guy out there for the sport or standing up for the fishing rights if others. Ron for sure would help out anyone and a kid well that is his main goal have fun and keep them interested in our sport.

Congrats to your son and sorry about the pocket book for all the new gear your gonna buy.

I was impressed on how quickly this young buck picked up on the fly rod. It's an older jem of an outfit with double taper fly line that needs some a lot of conditioning. I bet this outfit sat in their friends closet for over a dozen years.

Needless to say I have never met a kid who was so grateful in getting a "new to them" outfit. There is still plenty of life left in this outfit and certainly another 500 or so fish to catch on it. He's already talking about places he can utilized this on "Opener".

Congrats to JT for getting such a keen interest in fishing. I think he just might be a chip off the ol block. (2 oclock load 10 oclock load....) :D

No need to thank me guys, I'm sure anyone on here would do the same for a person who was tempting to learn a new technique.

Cheers, Ron...

Hey Ron, your a beauty for sure. good on you, now if you have the time you might want to show me how. The first and last time I tried to throw a line with my fishing partners flyrod I caught a willow tree, a birch ( heck had to go 40 feet or so) a dock and a canoe. unfortunately the canoe was not within the slot size.