How often do you eat fish?

Rod Caster

over the past year I averaged probably two to three servings per week... mostly perch, walleye, trout and relatively often pike, bass and ling. I will buy a slab of salmon/arctic char once in a while, but mostly I catch my fishy dinners.

In my small household, walleye is definitely our favorite although the wife is really keen on trout!

What's your fish-eating routine like? ( waiting for Bill to say "Once this year" :D )

1-2 times per week. I never buy fish aside from the occasional can of tuna.

Perch and Channel cats get fried.

Walleye and whitefish gets fried or baked.

Lake trout gets bbq'd or smoked.

Specks get pan-fried in butter.

Pike and Bass get released... lol

Edited by Trouty

(sea food, lobster , crabs , clams etc. )

Ya got that right Bruce.2-3 times a week.

Don,t forget the pasta with them. Carbs.

I,m slowly getting back into eating fresh water catches. First was crappie,then that whitie last weekend.

(with all the reports of dead ones,,It was hard to swallow it down)I,ll give the perch ago,,as soon as I can get a nice dozen eaters. But crappie are my fav. I only keep a catch to eat that day. No more freezing .

Edited by Misfish

1-2 times a week

I like perch, prefer Simcoe to Erie perch and like Chris said if it's a nine it's good to dine!

on second thought ... If I could consistently catch Walleye I'm sure I'd change my preference... I'm just not that good :dunno:

Ya got that right Bruce.2-3 times a week.

Don,t forget the pasta with them. Carbs.

I,m slowly getting back into eating fresh water catches. First was crappie,then that whitie last weekend.

(with all the reports of dead ones,,It was hard to swallow it down)I,ll give the perch ago,,as soon as I can get a nice dozen eaters. But crappie are my fav. I only keep a catch to eat that day. No more freezing .

agree 100% crappie are definetly my favorite freshwater fish... But have always preferred saltwater fish

About 4 times a month !!! And we eat all kinds of different fish as well including saltwater ocean fish but I still love my fresh walleye shore lunches all summer long and of course the springtime crappies !!!!! And that time is Comming very soon up here in the Kawartha lakes !!!! Woo hoo...

About 4 times a month !!! And we eat all kinds of different fish as well including saltwater ocean fish but I still love my fresh walleye shore lunches all summer long and of course the springtime crappies !!!!! And that time is Comming very soon up here in the Kawartha lakes !!!! Woo hoo...

Didn't make up to Pigeon all winter. Are we losing ice? Can't wait to get the boat in.

you put smelt much higher than I would have haha. All freshwater for me...not a huge fan of most ocean fish.

Rainbow Trout

walleye

speckled trout

whitefish

white bass

perch

smelt

pike

bass

ling

fallfish/herring/rockbass/goldeye

never caught crappies...but I'm sure they'd be up there.

Edited by Rod Caster

Getting low on supply, that's how I know spring is coming, soon I hope. Fresh water at least once a week, as well seafood once a week. Just had a perch dinner tonight. I estimate the cost of those yellows were about $125.00 a pound by the time we rented the hut at St. Williams for $50.00 each etc. And only bagged 2 keepers. Still worth every penny, Oh forgot no penny's any longer, worth every nickel. While on the topic, does anyone really go by the Ministry guidelines for suggested consumption? 2 meals a week are going above these suggested guidelines, for some species twice a week is double for what we should consume from Lake Erie according to the scientists, bless them all. For someone pregnant I would certainly want them to adhere to the guidelines.

I only eat fish that I catch and only specific species I target... specks, walleye and pike is what I prefer :) So to answer your question... not that often these days :lol: since I haven't been out much this season :wallbash: love my proteins though :P Beef, porc and venison is on the menu more often then not.... but I love it :D

3 or 4 times a week for me and the puppy. One serving eack week is breakfast.

One big thick pot of kalat moujakka/fish head soup every month..

Predominant feed comes from panfish

I have always wanted to make a fish soup, never had one, how is it?

What fish makes the best soup?

3 to 4 times a week back in Ontario.......lucky once a week up here just because I can't seem to find out where to catch them :( , whities fried in 1/8 inch olive oil or lakers on a cedar plank mmmmm good

After watching the news this morning on how processed meats can shorten your life I am going to drill a few more holes this afternoon :tease: