Anyone here boiling sap?

Sinker

Meh...nothing crazy here. I have 80l boiling now. Almost done. Im thinking its going to be a slow year. We need more sun, and warmer temps. We'll see I guess.

You guys are doing well. 60 gallons from 50 taps is REALLY good....i think anyways. Good stuff!

S.

Well, this season is sucking. If I tapped twice as many trees id be doing ok. Collected 30l yesterday, but wont see another drop until thurs (maybe), then the weekend looks good, but after that temps are forcast to stay above zero day and night. :(

Ive made a little less than 2 litres so far. Anyone I offered syrup to....sorry about your luck!

S.

A strong run yesterday and Sunday, so far I have collected 250 to 275 litres. First boil will be later this week.

Where do you live???. Florida?? LOL

Your getting that much in 2 days from 50 taps?? Holy moly!

I got 70l from 23 taps. I want your trees!!

S.

Nope, not in 2days, I have that much in total. We had a bit of a run about a week ago and then it got cold again. I got around 50 litres then and the rest from the past 4 days. Sunday it really started to run. Yesterday was my best day collecting with almost 100 litres of clear sap. I am heading out shortly to get today's haul. Although it was sunny and 7 degrees today the wind would have slowed things down a bit.

Shut right off here today.didnt freeze last night.some of my taps are bone dry this afternoon. Hopefully we get some overnight lows below zero to get things running again.

Collected 160 gallons of sap the last two days. Finished off 18 more litres of syrup this morn.looks like it for a day or so.

Guys who do syrup don't find that funny.

What may help people see the humor is I live in Hamilton Virginia USA. lol. I personally would never mess with others property it is a low down thing and I would not want it to happen to me.

Art

Great topic Sinker sounds like you have the process licked ('scuse the pun). TJ, your Dad introduced me to Yvon Quesnel's dark maple syrup in a whiskey bottle at Lakair quite a number of years ago. If remember it was a rectangular Wisers bottle not Crown Royal though. haven't looked back since, (I much prefer the darker, higher temp longer finish version). Looks like you are well on your way to continuing the family tradition....well done! By the way say Hi to your "daughter" for me, Monique can make me crepes any day....lol,, :)

First year doing this on my own. I've spent time on other farms with buckets, but this is a first for me. 15 taps this year to start. So far about 20 gallons of sap in my tank. First boil will be this weekend. Today was the best flow yet. I'm just outside of Elora.

juuust started running yesterday. Some taps were dry.

I picked up a 100L+ stainless steel pan for $30 at the scrap yard at cost! Gotta clean it up, but that was a good find!

HELL YEAH! Great find!! Lucky duck!!! I've been looking for a bigger pan for a long time!

S.