Dishwasher install...

kenzy31

Hi all, I'm looking for someone in the Barrie area to install a new dishwasher my wife and I bought Friday. It will be a new install not a replacement, there was never one in the house. I got one response from a contractor site that was shady right off the bat, wanting to "tap into" an existing power source. I have a friend whose house burned down from this kind of install so I'll be damned if I let some fly-by-night contractor do this to us. Especially with a child in the house and another on the way!

Any good references out there guys/gals?

What should we expect to pay to remove cupboards, run water and electrical lines?

Should we be looking for a plumber, electrician, or both?

Thanks guys,

Jesse

i'm thinking the cabinet tear out could be the most challenging part! Given there is no existing d.w. they may be older plywood and faceframe that can be built very well and hard to get apart!! which may be more than alot of plumbers'electrician will want to do for a reasonable cost.

You could try contacting a local custom kitchen biulder.

When I was biulding and instaling kitchens we would run across this from time to time.

If you have to remove cabinets then a cabinet maker would be your best bet he would also know a qualifide ellectrition the plumbing isnt taht difficult the cabinet maker would probably do the hook ups as well.

Good luck

Did the place you bought it from offer any kind of service?

Yes, we got it from Home De-pot. They offer removal and replacement, but it was suggested we could get ours done cheaper by finding our own guy. Maybe we should just call one of their guys, and go from there.

Thanks for the responses guys, cheers!

The Home Depot contractors have a very poor reputation here in the States. Best bet is to have a cabinet maker remove the cabinet and install facing to make it fit correctly. Then an electrician to pull a line from the panel to the dishwasher. The Plumber will then tap into the hot water line and run the drain to the Garbage disposal tap in or a drain T in the line. He should be able to mount the dishwasher in the top and level it. All told it will get you the best job without any juryrigging.

Art

Hopefully Doug (Skud) chimes in, I'm sure he could recommend someone in the Barrie area (Or do it himself)

Hey Bill, I'm up for that! If you can get in touch with him by other means, apart from here, feel free please. I'd like to try and have this done ASAP. Thanks guys. And for the heads up on HD Art.

Jesse

Dishwashers take a 24" opening. Some kitchens are fitted with modular cabinets so check to see if you have cabinet seams right at 24". It's worth a check. Try to keep it out of an inside corner as problems with drawer clearances can be a problem. You could shoot for a good mechanical man for elec/plumbing. He may very well already know a finish carpenter to fit the cabinets.

I know a good plumber and a sparky. you will def. need both at least. I also know a kitchen installer if needed.

all 3 of them are my neighbours, comes in handy from time to time.

Plumber installes for devon Leigh and the sparky is union out of barrie fully lisenced.

PM me if you would like there contact info. Both located in Angus

chuck

• 5 years later...
43 minutes ago, bestproducts2019 said:

Holy Necro thread! Not sure what would entice you to bring this back to life?!

HH