New to me GMC 1500

Freshtrax

Just pulled the trigger on a new truck, 07 sierra 4x4 crew cab 4.8L its got 200k on it but i got killer deal on it and its like new condition. any one own one? anything to look for? how do you like it?

here she is i worked out a deal to get some new 285/70/17 m/t tires thown in and im gonna put a 2 inch front leveling kit on it. now i just need to find some centercaps. Any idea what these wheels are off? It has nice snow tires on all four corners right now, seemed weird.

newride_zpsc6338dbb.jpg

newride2_zpscff45d3f.jpg

I have an 05 model, never once had an issue with the truck... Knock on wood.... Best truck i have ever owned! I get mine rust sprayed every year from crown because they tend to have rocker panel decay, its important to get it drilled and sprayed with oil on the inside of the panel. Will give u way more life on the truck. I hear they had some issues with the push button 4x4 unlike floor shift. And very important to get your diff. serviced regularly because its the main cause of expensive repair. Also the tranny tends to give out around 200 000- 250 000km. Other then that the trucks seem to run forever. The 5.3L has a little bit better reputation and fuel economy(highway and towing). But i have a friend with an 02 with half million km on it and still running mint.

They look like denali rims. It may have come from QC if it has snows, but does it matter? Looks great. My truck came with all season tires and I always wanted big wide tires, now I have them, and although it looks good, corners and handles better, it definately rides rougher and is lousy in the snow.

Father in law had an 08 with the 4.8L. Pretty good on gas. Nice truck, just not enough power for towing larger trailers. Swapped it in for a 2010 crew can with the 5.3 and towing package. Identically the same truck just newer and different engine. Makes a big difference when hauling bigger trailers.

I wouldn't be too worried about the mileage. Have the tranny flushed/coolant flushed and check the gear oil in the diffs and transfer case an that truck will last another 200k

decent trucks, good engine and great on fuel better than all other v-8's and most V6's if your towing much more than a 18ft bass fibreglass bass boat you'll notice it back there though its rated to tow around 6700lbs.

the wheels look to be american racing or fast wheels, take off a rim and see if there is some kind of stamping on it.

As for the leveling kits or torsion bar keys I'll keep it simple either spend the money on a proper lift kit that comes with everything you need at around $2400 or don't bother, The factory alignment adjustment cannot compensate for the additional height the keys produce and you end up driving around with -1.50 -1.75 degree of negative camber kills handling and ride as well as eats the inside of the tires

A friend of mine back east has the exact truck and loves it, we have an 05 with a 5.3, were getting 28 mpg on our fishing runs from Barrie up to Manitoulin on cruise. What we were told as previously mentioned check diffs fairly regular and u should be fine. Also we were cautioned not to use the 4 auto. We just use the switches that let u go from 2 to 4 on your own. Even after 2 years up here it has been amazing. THE only problem we have encountered is that the driver door will not totally shut at -50 windchill LOL . You will enjoy your new addition trust me. Now go take it for another spin around the block, just dont get it dirty lol :tease::tease:

I put my 90 GMC 1500 Sierra to rest at 600,000 K. Traded it in on a new 2011 Silverado 1500, 4.8L. I believe the only thing different between your truck and mine are the Caddy wheels, name tags and 4 wheel drive pushbutton shifter. You will be happy you bought it. My F150 buddies ask to see under the hood, I tell them I don't know how to open it, never had to!

My F150 buddies ask to see under the hood, I tell them I don't know how to open it, never had to!

600,000 KM and you never cleaned the engine, checked the engine or tranny fluid or even added windshield washer fluid ?? :dunno:

Really???

That's 10 mpg more then the consumption numbers listed online.... And I'm giving benifit of the doubt that you have 2wd....

Thats almost double what my F-150 gets on average....

That's most likely Imperial.. 23MPG US isn't very far fetched for that truck.

Really???

That's 10 mpg more then the consumption numbers listed online.... And I'm giving benifit of the doubt that you have 2wd....

Thats almost double what my F-150 gets on average....

...and better MPG than the same truck in regular cab, 2 wd, 4.3l gets. :whistling:

meh, we're all fishermen here. exaggeration is to be expected :D :D :D

on that note, what V8 currently has the best real world MPG?

Look like '03 Denali rims.. as newer ones have 8 spokes. Funny they're satin vs polished though so maybe aftermarket. Guess they "grab" them so quick in Quebec they forget to pick up the center caps....

Good luck with YOUR new ride!

Edited by irishfield

Look like '03 Denali rims.. as newer ones have 8 spokes. Funny they're satin vs polished though so maybe aftermarket. Guess they "grab" them so quick in Quebec they forget to pick up the center caps....

Good luck with YOUR new ride!

I got the car fax never reported stolen lol