Would You Buy One ?

darsky

I was vacationing in South East Asia over Christmas and noticed many people had these water proof holders for their cell/smart phones and tablets. They are plastic based products with velcro, water/rain resistant and not expensive. After returning home and doing a bit of homework including a visit to an Apple store-I see that there is nothing here that is comparable.

They would be great for outdoor use-in the rain,by the pool or in a boat.

I am looking to maybe import and sell them here. Any opinions?

carefull Darsky, there are lot's of different covers out there now.

LogiXML.com/Dashboard-WP

10 Waterproof Smartphone Cases
9ac2aea0.jpg
1. EscapeCapsule

The Kickstarter product has received an overwhelming response, so your pre-order may take awhile. But the high impact polycarbonate case looks worth it.

Price: $69.99

Apple? Nothing but a state of mind. Electronics have become more disposable than ever. The line between needs and wants has become so blurred most of us have been all but blinded. Buy cheap phone, phone breaks, buy new phone. Just more unnecessary junk. Wouldn't even waste a Ziplock bag, especially on an iPhone.

Edited by moxie

Apple? Nothing but a state of mind. Electronics have become more disposable than ever. The line between needs and wants has become so blurred most of us have been all but blinded. Buy cheap phone, phone breaks, buy new phone. Just more unnecessary junk. Wouldn't even waste a Ziplock bag, especially on an iPhone.

Oh thats relevent information about your opinion. Thnx

Must not have been in correctly. I have shot underwater video and taken pics with my life proof.

There are very specific instructions on how to install the case. Must be inspected after being dropped etc

And the manufacturer does say its good only to a certain depth. 2 metres

Here is a link to the phone I use and never need to worry about it getting wet or droping it.

Check out the website. I have abused (I meant owned) this phone for 6 months and it is rugged.

http://www.sonimtech.ca/products/xp5520bolt.php

It is made by Sonim and offered by Bell. Rogers also carries a different phone by Sonim.

I know it doesn't have all the fancy apps of I phone or crackberry, but if you play or work in rugged conditions.....nothing beats it.

By the way... I am in no way affiliated with Sonim, just love the product

A simple no would have sufficed.

Can't do that Sin. It's not in my cynical nature. Hows this. If I was as plugged in to the gills and distracted as most of the world seems to be these days I might be inclined to buy a life preserver for my electronic device, that will last until......the next new and shiny one hits the shelves? Better?

He just doesn't have one..... Lol! My IPhone has pretty much replaced my laptop for me!

There is a certain level of convenience to having certain devices but really now, who thinks it makes any sense to watch the world go by on a 4" screen? Have a family member that is quite the tech guru and he too was one of the duped until he realized long ago Apple was more cult than substance.

They also announced they are giving back the better part of 100 Million dollars to people that may have paid too much for i-tunes downloads. Me have a sneaking suspicion a few i-zombies have awakened from their i-slumber and and are on to the i-ruse perpetuated by this hollow giant and the realization apple products have been caught up to and it should only be a matter of time until they are surpassed. Everyone knows an apple with a bite out of it will eventually rot away, don't they? Heck even i-know that.