Winter battles - Highs & Lows

MJL

Man Mike... those are some GREAT fish!!! You'll get out again before the ice melts... sure you will !! I wish you all the best... if our paths meet in the city in the near future we need to do lunch with You, Jen, Leah and I.

As I'm sure you have over the last couple of years...... we have dealt with people that mean well in the grand scheme of things, but have no idea of the deep hurt that offering "hear say" cancer advise can do to patient and family. Why people type up crap and share it on the internet, like PF put up as a well meaning piece of advise, is beyond me... it's false propoganda.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/cancerupdate.asp

Edited by irishfield

Man Mike... those are some GREAT fish!!! You'll get out again before the ice melts... sure you will !! I wish you all the best... if our paths meet in the city in the near future we need to do lunch with You, Jen, Leah and I.

As I'm sure you have over the last couple of years...... we have dealt with people that mean well in the grand scheme of things, but have no idea of the deep hurt that offering "hear say" cancer advise can do to patient and family. Why people type up crap and share it on the internet, like PF put up as a well meaning piece of advise, is beyond me... it's false propoganda.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/cancerupdate.asp

...hoped someone would tackle that! Well said

Those sure are some great laker shots, I like the 'matching the hatch' photo . How about an underwater shot next time. Wishing all the best to you and your family in the future.

Mike, Hopefully I’ll be equipped with a new underwater housing shortly for this bad boy I picked up last month :D

IMG_5253_zps9f11496f.jpg

Sorry Wayne. My apologies. These back meds have me drowsy and cranky. I'll remove post.

No worries. Over the last 2+yrs, I’ve been given the opportunity to become a student of oncology. The doctors at Sunnybrook, Scarborough Grace, Mount Sinai & more have given me the probabilities & statistics and various recommendations but they’ve always given me the choice to make the final decisions on what route to take. As such, I’ve tried to learn as much as I can to prepare myself for the bumpy road ahead. I’m fortunate to have all of you in this community who care as much as you do and I will be forever grateful and appreciative for that :)

I’ll let you guys know how it goes :)

Cheers & all smiles

Mike

Thanks a ton guys for your support. Forever grateful :)

The plan will be finalized on Friday after a number of doctors discuss my case. I’m currently booked for 3 rounds of chemo lasting a total of 9 weeks (1 round = 3wks). Treatment starts Monday. Unfortunately, there are a couple other spots where the cancer may also be so radiation was not the recommended method of treatment. My mom bought a tons of cases of Ensure/Boost drinks and stocked up on baking soda for mouthwash. I’m as ready for it as I will ever be.

Maybe 1 more trip onto the ice… :D

Thanks again guys

Mike

Mike, you sure do know how to catch them. And only a short time fishing. I have never had a Lake day like that and I bet I have spent a years salary more than you have over the years on tackle.

As far as you health, been there done that. What has worked for me is attitude. As well as everyone that I know that has beat it, the common denominator is attitude.

I have a kid brother that was given a clean bill of health 5 years ago and is obsessed with the disease. Just ask him, if you have an extra hour in your life to waste. I have been cancer free for a year and will be tested every 6 months for the next few years. I run into old friends and co workers and they ask what's new? I tell them about the bass and perch we hammer and my golf game getting worse, they ask, " oh, I was told you have cancer ". I reply " oh, that?"

Attitude son, attitude, same as hauling in that 12 pounder on 2 lb. Test. Attitude, along with everyone's best wishes and prayers.