2013 licences?

kemper

Afew years ago I bought the sport tag and card.. had the print off for about 9 months, I still didnt recieve my card.. hours of phone calls and bickering later, I was told they had zero record of my name buying an outdoors card and tag. so I had to spent the money and get a conservation tag and card all over again, this time I got it in about 6 weeks. stupid MNR next year Ill have to renew my card I hope I wont have to do that song and dance again..

Did you buy that card & tag at a privatew retailer instead of directly at the Ministry?

Under the old system the retailer had to mail in the paperwork to the Ministry where they would hand enter it into the computer system.

Problem was some retailers did not mail them in promptly if at all so no records were in the system. Some could also be misplaced in the mail or at the Ministry.

I believe even if it was purchaced at a Ministry office it still had to be transfered to a centeral location for entering in the computer system.

Under the current system the info is entered into the system at point of purchace. Last year mine took about 4 weeks to arrive & I also purchaced the 3 year fishing tag at the same time so I won't have to carry any extra slips for the duration of the card.

There was some glitches starting up the new system which are hopefully worked out now.

Two of the biggest problems were getting the new machines out to the retailers and training on the use of the machines. Also problems recognizing some addresses.

kemper did you just buy a fishing license or an Outdoors Card at the same time?

If no Outdoors card was bought (already had a valid one) carrying you computer printout is how the system works. No sticker will be mailed.

If you bought a card at the same time it should be mailed out inprinted with the licenses you bought.

kemper did you just buy a fishing license or an Outdoors Card at the same time?

If no Outdoors card was bought (already had a valid one) carrying you computer printout is how the system works. No sticker will be mailed.

If you bought a card at the same time it should be mailed out inprinted with the licenses you bought.

My card needed renewal too.

Last time I renewed online I got a yellow paper tag in the mail, you are saying they are expecting us to carry the actual computer printout around all year? I can't imagine that's the case...

Hope you got the 3 year license when your card expired. Other wise your safe for this year but the following two you need to tuck in the yellow slip into your wallet with your card. No brainer, your saving money this way paying the current price x3 rather than paying a extra 2 or 3 bucks every year as the license price jumps up slightly.

• 1 month later...

I could not find a straight answer anywere... Would showing an electronic copy of the fishing license on smart phone be acceptable or we have to carry the printout? I hope that e-license definition actually makes sence in this case.

Arent they only using the yellow "paper" cards? When I renewed mine they told me I would not recieve a plastic card in the mail.

If you only renewed your fishing license (old Outdoors Card still valid) than the yellow paper card is all you'll get.

If you got a new Outdoors Card it will be a plastic card mailed out to you.