2013 licences?

kemper

I'm still waiting for my 2013 licence. Renewed in December, and I've been carrying the print out ever since.

I understand that it's expired, but I would fight any charge based on the fact that they haven't sent me the dang thing yet.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I guess I'll start annoying someone at the MNR now.

i just get mine at canadian tire.

not to hijack, but i was checked by MNR at simcoe coming off the lake a couple weeks ago. (no fish in my possession)

Not that i mind, because i had it on me.....but if i forgot it, could he have done anything? i wasnt fishing at the time, and had no fish in my possession

not to hijack, but i was checked by MNR at simcoe coming off the lake a couple weeks ago. (no fish in my possession)

Not that i mind, because i had it on me.....but if i forgot it, could he have done anything? i wasnt fishing at the time, and had no fish in my possession

If you had fishing gear with you, you might have some explaining to do.

Sure, he could have charged you with not having your license while you were fishing...

Convictions are based on proof beyond a reasonable doubt. If you are coming off the lake with fishing equipment, then what are the chances that you had not been fishing? You might have a chance if were driving a sled with a passenger who did have a license; then you could say you only drove out there to pick your friend up. It really comes down to what the CO and the judge believe.

Ordered mine online on the 15th of january. Called in last Friday and I was told I'd have it in 3 weeks. Trouble is I don't have the print out and they can't send it to you again.. So technically I've been fishing without a licence. I was told that I could get fined for fishing without one and the person on the phone recommended I make my way to Queens Park and pay the $10.50 for a temporary one. Nuts to that!!

Still waiting... Going to have to bite it and get the temporary for our upcoming trip to Cochrane.. Am I the only one or does this sound totally bogus?!

CO can easily look your name up in the system as well.. Most guys aren't going to ticket you because you don't have the license on you (I've been checked a few times without my card, they took my name/info never an issue)

I think it has been rectified now; but at one point the fine for forgetting to bring your licence was higher than the fine for not having a licence at all.

I do recall a story on this board about someone having their equipment confiscated because they had forgot to bring their licence with them. I that is rediculous for such a minor offence; but they can do it.

Ordered mine online on the 15th of january. Called in last Friday and I was told I'd have it in 3 weeks. Trouble is I don't have the print out and they can't send it to you again.. So technically I've been fishing without a licence. I was told that I could get fined for fishing without one and the person on the phone recommended I make my way to Queens Park and pay the $10.50 for a temporary one. Nuts to that!!

Still waiting... Going to have to bite it and get the temporary for our upcoming trip to Cochrane.. Am I the only one or does this sound totally bogus?!

Sounds like crap to me.

I'm sure the system is kinda buggered because it's new, but it should be pretty simple if you ask me.

If your just getting a one year license & not an Outdoors Card at the same time you will not get a stricker no matter where you buy it.

You have to carry the print out for the year. A yellow tag from a license issuer or a computer printout if you do it on line.

If your just getting a one year license & not an Outdoors Card at the same time you will not get a stricker no matter where you buy it.

You have to carry the print out for the year. A yellow tag from a license issuer or a computer printout if you do it on line.

Wait a minute, are you suggesting that I have to carry my printed piece of 8 1/2 by 11 around with me in a ziplock all year?

Mine expires this December 31st… maybe I should start now.

Funny Stuff !

Might be an idea worth exploring...for you

You have a reasonable time horizon here

Can't Catch Fish

on the internet KF

Renew a licence--perhaps

Good Luck with it all Buck

ID1

Afew years ago I bought the sport tag and card.. had the print off for about 9 months, I still didnt recieve my card.. hours of phone calls and bickering later, I was told they had zero record of my name buying an outdoors card and tag. so I had to spent the money and get a conservation tag and card all over again, this time I got it in about 6 weeks. stupid MNR next year Ill have to renew my card I hope I wont have to do that song and dance again..