Credit Card Fraud - NF

HTHM

There is one more option but its expensive.. Identity theft insurance. My card was one of the ones hacked thru the PlayStation 3 scams. there was a class action lawsuit. we were all granted 4 years of identity insurance at $200 a year..They monitor all banks sin #’s and credit and debit cards. Its a real good service but like I said its expensive

There is one more option but its expensive.. Identity theft insurance. My card was one of the ones hacked thru the PlayStation 3 scams. there was a class action lawsuit. we were all granted 4 years of identity insurance at $200 a year..They monitor all banks sin #’s and credit and debit cards. Its a real good service but like I said its expensive

Even if your CC is compromised it's not like you'll ever be on the hook for the charges. Identity theft insurance sounds like an even bigger scam to me.

Well, you might consider buying an Eel skin wallet as the scammers are now able to read your card just passing you by, anywhere!

I hear that Eel skin doesn't allow for the passage of radio frequencies, so they are the wallet of choice...

but as always, I could be wrong! LOL

HH

That happened to me recently with my "internet card". I highly recommend that everyone have a low limit card to use for their internet purchases. Mine has a $500 limit and it cannot be increased.

The only other times I have had issues is with Esso gas stations. At least, that was my best guess where it happened since more than one of my cards were "almost" compromised and that was the only place I used them. Somehow the CC and bank figured it out and changed them before anything happened.

Fish Logic, that is a great idea to have a separate card. I always check website security when buying anything on line before I type in any information.

I've had 2 cards compromised in the past at two different no name gas stations. Needless to say, I stick to the major brands now.

I've had 2 cards compromised in the past at two different no name gas stations. Needless to say, I stick to the major brands now.

That is not always a guarantee. Gas bars for one chain in Niagara got hit by pros. They had piggybacked readers that copied card data and duplicate PIN numbers. They disappeared before they were caught, but not before maxxing out hundreds of credit cards and draining many bank accounts

That is not always a guarantee. Gas bars for one chain in Niagara got hit by pros. They had piggybacked readers that copied card data and duplicate PIN numbers. They disappeared before they were caught, but not before maxxing out hundreds of credit cards and draining many bank accounts

....and this is why you pay bank fees folks! Some of the scams they are pulling these days are quite elaborate.

That happened to me recently with my "internet card". I highly recommend that everyone have a low limit card to use for their internet purchases. Mine has a $500 limit and it cannot be increased.

The only other times I have had issues is with Esso gas stations. At least, that was my best guess where it happened since more than one of my cards were "almost" compromised and that was the only place I used them. Somehow the CC and bank figured it out and changed them before anything happened.

I use an "internet card" as well, can't be too careful.

I had my info swiped at a shady gas station last year, was out about $500 before my bank figured it out but they refunded all the $ no questions.

Well, you might consider buying an Eel skin wallet as the scammers are now able to read your card just passing you by, anywhere!

I hear that Eel skin doesn't allow for the passage of radio frequencies, so they are the wallet of choice...

but as always, I could be wrong! LOL

HH

It's 50/50 that a card reader can read the chip in my card when I insert it. I find it hard to believe that someone is reading my card when I walk by. The eel skin wallet sounds like an urban myth to me... remember when they were supposed to ruin credit cards?

Gas stations and restaurants are usually the culprit with credit card charges. They are much greater concern than internet purchases from a reputable company.

The credit card company reversed the charges on my card no problem (no my wife didn't just by $300 worth of gasoline for her Rav4 :D ). My house insurance policy also covers credit card fraud. So I certainly don't see the need for a $200 year policy to cover identity threft.

I never carry cash on me so use my cards daily. I think years ago they replaced my card (not sure of credit or debit) because of suspected comrpomise. My sister actually had someone buy a train ticken on her card in Spain! She got the money back but they investigate it first.

And lets face it. If you hand your CC to some drop out at the gas station and let them run in to prossess your purchase.

You deserve.

That is blaming the victim for the crime perpetrated against them. Similar to saying that this person wouldn't have been assaulted if the dress being worn was more modest.

Anyway back to the original purpose of this post, I am glad that I have done what needed to be done in order to protect myself from further harm.