THANK YOU for your thoughts and prayers- an update on Sean

Pikeslayer

I have received many PM's with prayers, best wishes and questions. As well as FB, emails & phone calls. It is becoming challenging to keep up with responses so I thought it would be best to post here for all of our community. PM's and emails are still welcome but I would respectfully request no phone calls and thank you for understanding.

I've attached a link at the end of the update concerning accident details (non graphic, just the facts). It looks like I will be residing in Edmonton for the foreseeable future and will try to post updates as often as needed.

Thank you all in advance for your blessings, prayers and best wishes. Sean needs all the help he can get!!!

Simon

Sean is stable but remains in critical condition. He is currently comatose without drug induced protocol. Although this is not great news, there is hope and lets not let go of that!! They fixed the broken right arm and suspect soft tissue/ligament damage to the right knee but are unable to confirm due to his current condition. There are no internal injuries and his heart is strong!

Right now all efforts and resources are focused on Sean's brain injury. His Royal Alexander neurological team is fantastic (one of the best in Canada) and very forthcoming with information ( no crap with these guys) and diagnosis. Recovery is going to be a long haul with many challenges and unknowns.

Many good thoughts and prayers need to be said before this is done. Please remind God that Sean is a keeper. I will bring Sean home!! just not sure when.

Thx for all the FB postings, texts, emails and voicemails. I will read every one to Sean. All the family are truly overwhelmed and appreciative of your support.

As well, Sean lost a great coworker and mentor in this tragic accident. Please don't forget Ron and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

God bless you all. And of course Sean.

Simon, Marianne, Meghan, Tyler & Sean

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/02/07/highway-881-crash-leaves-one-mand-dead-two-injured_n_2635908.html?utm_hp_ref=canada-alberta

Positive thoughts Simon!!! Positive thoughts.

An ex- girlfriend... from when we were both 15... at 18 years old she got caught in the PTO on her fathers tractor while bringing in the hay, shattering her skull and most bones in her body. Parents told she'd never come out of the coma.. she did.. 14 months later. Told she'd never walk... she did.. a few years later. Finally got a knee joint just a year ago October .. darn near 32 years later! Happy with what she's worked her way through and where she's got in life.

I wish your son the best.. and that he's out of this coma SOON!