Smoker Recipes

BruceCfisher86

I just remembered this one, Its not for the smoker tho!

Lake Erie Monster

Texas Toast

PineRiver medium cheddar

Pickeral fillets(1/4pound)

Mayo

Fresh Jalapeno or Relish or Both

Pepper.

Butter

This is good for 2 sangys

Batter Pickeral and pan fry in oil/or deep fry. Darryl Cronzys batter is sweet!

Butter TexasToast as you would to prepare a grilled cheese

Prepare a tartar sauce with Mayo and Relish , Pepper and lemon juice . I replaced relish with a Jalapeno because I dislike relish, and it adds a bit of zip to the sandwhich. You can add both together.

Preheat Oven at 350F / place buttered TexasToast on a baking sheet.

Put 2 pieces of cheese on each slice, put 1 fillet on 2 slices

Cook for 3 - 5 mins / Remove from oven and put it together.

Serve with the tartar sauce you made, and your good.

I found this in a Field&Stream mag so yes, there were a few more things it called for in this recipe, and correct measurements

but I have sinced lost the article and have just winged it a few times, and it turns out great.

I'm sure you could add whatever for flavour.

Here is one done on my bradley smoker

Indian Candy

1/2 cup course salt.

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup spice rum
1 quart water.
Brine for 24 hour,Rinse in cold water. Pat dry and sit for an hour should be tacky to touch. Smoke for 2 hours,Apple or maple chips. Leave in smoker for 7 hours total time at 130F to 140F
Less time moist, More time the drier it gets like jerky.
This will not last long so don't give it all away

www.smoked-meat.com I'm also "butcher" on there, navigate to "fish" and look for my post "cold smoked salmon start to finish" and there are many posts by other guys that are very good in smoking fish / meat... This was my "livleyhood" for many years (educated in the trade, grad of Vancouver Community College) i still butcher / cure and smoke meat at home :) i would not recommend using Nitrites unless you have an understanding if how they work and the advantages / dangers :)

www.smoked-meat.com I'm also "butcher" on there, navigate to "fish" and look for my post "cold smoked salmon start to finish" and there are many posts by other guys that are very good in smoking fish / meat... This was my "livleyhood" for many years (educated in the trade, grad of Vancouver Community College) i still butcher / cure and smoke meat at home :) i would not recommend using Nitrites unless you have an understanding if how they work and the advantages / dangers :)

Awesome, Ill definatly take a look!

Here is one done on my bradley smoker

Indian Candy

1/2 cup course salt.

2 cups brown sugar

1 cup maple syrup

1/2 cup spice rum

1 quart water.

Brine for 24 hour,Rinse in cold water. Pat dry and sit for an hour should be tacky to touch. Smoke for 2 hours,Apple or maple chips. Leave in smoker for 7 hours total time at 130F to 140F

Less time moist, More time the drier it gets like jerky.

This will not last long so don't give it all away

Nice, just wrote that all down. Is less time 5 hrs then? or just no more than 7 hrs for moist meat?

Thanks again that looks like a tasty brineski!!

My fav. Beef rub.

Brisket , roast beef ribs

Rub meat with a quality Dijon mustard get a nice 1/4 inch coating on there.

Then add the rub.

1/2 cup salt

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup pepper

Paprika 3 tablespoons

Onion powder 3 tablespoons

Garlic powder 2 tablespoons

Chillie powder 2 tablespoons

Work it in good and let sit for 24 four hours in fridge. Bring beat to room temperature before smoking.

Roasts I cook to med rare in middle, brisket and ribs it is important to take to 205 degrees to melt all the connective tissue. I smoke at no more than 250 degrees

While I'm smoking I baste every half hour or so with apple juice , red wine, shallots , mixture that was brought to a boil on stove and let cool. I also usually put a bakin tin full of applejuiceninnthe smoker to keep the humidity up.

I've got a bradley smoker too check out this site http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php there are lots of tips and recipes here. I use my smoker on a regular basis and it is great. Smoke a lot of salmon and trout. There are basic brines that are quite simple to put together that work well. Have done a couple of turkeys for thanksgiving tint he smoker and im not a big fan but everyone loved them. Lately been smoking lots of venison and moose. great stuff! read lots and experiment.

This is a recipe I use it was copied from this guy in the You-Tube video.

The fillets were dry brined (rub) in a mixture of 2 parts kosher salt to 1 part dark brown sugar for about 3 hours. Then rinsed and dried, then left uncovered over night in the fridge to dry further.

They were smoked for 5 hours at a starting temperature of 150 and increased to 165 for the last hour. Hickory was used for the smoke wood.

The results were great. The guys at work loved it. One of the best comments was from a fellow worker who grew up on the Rock, who said he really liked it and he liked the different texture dry brining made.

Start

20110917SmokingSalmon004.jpg

Halfway

20110917SmokingSalmon007.jpg

All done

20110917SmokingSalmon010.jpg