poopin?

stendec

Lol

This brings up a funny story...

When I was younger nature made its call.... So I hunkered down between a couple old boathouses... Grabbed some leafs... All is good right? WRONG...lol ... My brother showed up a minute after I finished.... Then he looked in the water and said he saw a big crayfish....lol... I insisted it was no crayfish without saying it was my poop out of embarrassment.... Sure enough I couldn't tell him any different.,. And he was keen on catching this "crayfish".... Anyone who's ever caught crayfish knows you gotta grab em fairly hard.... In the end he almost puked once he squeezed the handful of waste....and I blamed a turtle until many years had passed and we could laugh about it...

Hunter and gatherers don't have proper toilet ettquette, Sinclair! You should just grunt at your neighor and take over his/her portable hut :tease::D

:rofl2:

I have never dropped a deuce on the ice before. I spend at least 15 minutes on the can before every trip to make sure of that. I have come home with some wicked stomach aches and absolutely destroyed my bathroom... But have yet this crap on the Ice.

Not even when I was in Blair's hut, with a built in bathroom. But the owner of the local doughnut shop / convenience store in Callender must HATE me!

Edited by N.A.W

Last year we drove up to Nipissing and ended up staying overnight on the ice, my buddy in his portable hut and me in the back of my old Blazer. I don't remember what we ate the night before but am I ever glad my buddy had the forethought to bring along some grocery bags and TP. We must have taken 2 or 3 turns each in the hut with a pail and bag. We ended up collapsing the hut and towing it to a new spot just to air it out.

I consider it part of preparation for a good day out on the water - just like scouting a map, reading reports, watching weather, tying leaders...

Everyone does prep work to make time on the water as enjoyable and efficient as possible. For me, not having to take a crap is one of those things!

We all have things that we love to eat, but unfortunately tear through our guts...I avoid those things before a fishing trip.

Why on earth would you intentionally give yourself the poops in the middle of a frozen lake?

Its called enjoying things. Why prolong a mundane life?

Am totally surprised to read very few bring TP with them on day trips. I always bring a couple of ziplocks with rolled up TP on river runs. Try getting out of a drysuit with 'neighbours about to bang on Door 2' kind of situation. And definitely make sure the 'workplace' is clear of your neck gasket ha ha. never happened to me but I can only imagine ;)

In days of old, when Knights were bold, and toillets not invented, they'd drop thier load on the side of the road, and walk away contented. :dunno:

Just find a quiet place and drop it. Its biodegradeable anyways.No worse than someone standing in my splash well, peeing on my Merc !! :wallbash:

Sail sells a porta-bucket-potty .... basically a 5 gal bucket with a toilet seat ... use the white kitchen-crapper bags :) .... I dont ... as in REFUSE ... to answer natures call when out on the ice ... but then in 'emergency' ...theres always a Timmys near by somewhere :)