poopin?

stendec

I remember ice fishing Simcoe one year in March, right at the end of the season... everyone's huts had been pulled... and on this very mild and melty day, the lake looked like a minefield of plop. It was really disgusting!

Dave Mercer also once mentioned a very interesting method for this when in a boat... think it involved a minnow bucket...

Edited by Fisherpete

Bag it and take it with you when you leave?

x2

i'll never forget when i was in my teens and dropped one in a bag then tossed it outside the hut. a few minutes later i heard dad walk over to the hut from his and all i heard was "oh god, what the hell !!!". apparently he thought it was the grocery bag with our snacks and he opened it near his face to look in it to see what was left :D:D:D:D

I drill a hole part way through

take the dump

put some water in to freeze it

then take some fish I caught and put lots of blood around the hole and leave

then when the (Let someone else find the fish for me) fishermen see the hole and blood the start spudding it

crap....

lol

yeah yeah, I'm just kidding

really

what

I'll damage my prostate as much as it takes to NOT have to poop in a bucket...

But ya gotta do what ya gotta do some days!

I dunno whats worse, bucket n bag in the hut, or using a conservation area outhouse in -20!!

In my carefree teenage days , we were out on Nipissing in frigid cold in the wide open , the urge hit me , coffee and chili were the culprits , I jumped on my Safari 377 and headed to the nearest island , I admittedly b lined for a small cottage in hopes of using their restroom , I parked my sled in the back of a little cabin , with my helmet still on I decided to put my shoulder to the door , ( with full intent of repairing any damage ) the padlock busted open the door swung wide , OOHHH MY ! 4 burly men were sitting at a table playing cards ! The look on their faces !

At that moment , I totally forgot what I was there for , I sprinted back to my sled and made my way to the back channels of the French River , it took at least 5 minutes for the men to dawn their helmets and fire up huge sleds ... They never found me , but found and questioned my friends who were wondering where the hell I went ... They didn't rat me out ... Long story short I returned to " Lucky Camp" and repaired the damage with new hinges and a lock , I left the key on the front door .

Randy .

I have never had to crap on the ice.

Empty yourself before you go out.

That only works if you have a superior diet to all other humans like you sinclair

I know when we ice fish we have tendencies to eat a little less healthy than usual... Precooked sausages, venison steaks, frozen hamburger patties... Its easy to say ill just poop before I go, if you're not enjoying a fat smorgasboard in the hut. Lmao

Edited by Rich

Remember a time when I was young and bowel strong , maybe Sinclair I could do that ... But as Rich said , NOT allways the case , and as you get old , maybe NEVER the case ,an icefishing diet is , lets say not conducive to constipation and more likely leans towards anal leakage . I was out on the ice in a back lake and the chille dogs and beer hit my lower regions like a japanese bullit train .Ran to nearest island and hanging out over a log let go , now in the summer you can just reach out a grab a leaf or 5 to do clean up duties , but it being winter and no flora around I decided to sacrifice the boxers , it ment removeing all the lower layers , cold but I managed .. Back out on the ice someone asked me for a light , WHY I do not know but I had brought with me the gold zippo with the engraved bass and the I love you , my wife had given me years ago and was my pride and joy . Check all my pockets , NO ZIPPO !!!!! Where could it have gone , damn must had been when I undressed at the log .. Back to island and yes under the uglyest pile of dung , was my pride and joy , will leave the search in a allmost frozen pile to you readers to amagine , never took it out icefishing ever again .. and somehow shall we say "THE BLOOM WAS OFF THE ROSE" and still a great gift from the wife BUT !!!!! Was glad they banned smokeing in restaurants was hard after dinner to hear , Hey Capt you still got that zippo I need a light ...