Whitefish at -40C

limeyangler

Hi all,

Well it was -40C when we were loading up at 08:30. It was a balmy -32C out on the lake.......then the wind came up....BRRRRRRRRRRR!

No trout today and I only managed 4 whitefish total. Plenty on the screen....they just did not want to play....cant say i blame them ....lol...too freekin' cold. My buddy cliff could not get a bite all afternoon.

We were going to head to a walleye lake up the road like we'd planned last Saturday. Again our plans were foiled....Apparently it was too cold for sleighs too as i have cracked my Otter flip over....hopefully i can repair it with some plastic weld epoxy.

The footage of the sled ride out is added from last week.....i finally managed to get my puter to upload the clips with sound....so while it is creative editing...it is footage of the journey to the same venue.

GOOD ONE TO GET TEAM 8 OFF THE MARK......23"

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

AHHHHHHH CRAPPY!

IMG_3660.jpg

Yikes! How old is that hut? That's a bad crack dude! Your going to have to drill it, and stitch it up with wire first, then try and seal it. It will look like frankenstien when your done. You'd think that would be warrantied, no? That's rough!

S.

Wait a min.... you cant enter the fish if its frozen... could have come from the market!!!

:blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1::lol:

Not too many guys would venture out in conditions like that. Cheers to you.

Not too many guys are that stoopid....lol

Yikes! How old is that hut? That's a bad crack dude! Your going to have to drill it, and stitch it up with wire first, then try and seal it. It will look like frankenstien when your done. You'd think that would be warrantied, no? That's rough!

S.

No warranty... 5 years old. What wire would you suggest?

Looked like that weather didn't phase you two at all dropping down to your hoodies! Really enjoyed the trek in. Those are the kinds of lakes I love looking for.

There was no wind when we arrived....15 minutes later the wind picked up and the jackets and balaclavas were back on....QUICKLY!