Barrie police beating

Freshtrax

until the video came out the cop said he resisted arrest and the cop said he feared for his life, no spitting

if anyone sees him resisting or scaring the cop..you had better look again.. I see an abuse of power and a reason to fear cops

All I see is a cop trying to arrest someone and the guy is resisting arrest.

Don't know what caused the initial problem but who's to say the kid didn't spit in the cops face?

I'm sure the investigation will get all the info out there.

I didn't see the kid do anything to justify that kind of beating. What got me was the cops throwing buckets of water on the blood to wash it away.

There's always two sides though, I'd love to hear the explanation.

brutal, I hope he loses his job/ pension, and serves some long jail time

he's a real tough guy with a gun in his holster and 2 cops there as back-up, beating on a smaller guy

these cops seem to have free pass to avoid prosecution though, he's likely at home, with pay, until this gets swept under the rug

like Terry said, how often does this happen when there's no video footage?

Here's some more background on the incident.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/2013/01/23/barrie-police-officer-facing-several-charges-following-incident-at-bayfield-mall

Excerpt: "Court heard how Nevill later told police that Stern had attacked him first by kneeing him in the groin, and that he only punched Stern twice. However, the video shows Nevill delivering about a dozen blows to Stern’s head without ever being attacked."

Don't know what caused the initial problem but who's to say the kid didn't spit in the cops face?

I wouldn't call that resisting

the investigation is likely a load of biased Bull anyways

I'd like to see jail time and, bye- bye public sector job/ pension

You didn't read any articles on the matter eh....in th officers official report he said the kid kneed him in the groin that's why he put him down. Don't know about you but I don't see a knee. I also don't see any resisting.

Nobody knows what the kid did to begin with. ( his friend breaking a christmas ornament is Bull)

The initial takedown may not have been necessary, but its obvious from the video that two of the security guys were struggling to get his hands behind his back. It looks harsh, but nobody knows the real story..

Saw this last week. Not nice.

I've seen Barrie. Cops in the alleys behind Dunlop laying a d ack down more than once.

Some people deserve it and some people don't. Judging souly on the video, I would say the latter of the two in this situation.

Thats freaking crazy! Resisting arrest?? Doesn't a Police Officer normally tell you he is going to arrest you and then ask you to comply before jumping on you and giving you a beating?

There was no time for this kid to resist.

I hope the other two get charged too.....

Burt

Not cool. My favourite statement from the cop was "I was fighting for my life, and losing". What???? Really?? 3 vs 1 and you were fighting for your life? There was only one guy fighting for his life there and he wasn't a cop or a mall cop.