Finally went and did it! Completed my PAL and hunter ed!

tb4me

/\ /\ /\ /\ Lol never a dull moment. Anyway I'm not going to bother with the restricted as I'm not a fan of hand guns.. Also promised the wife I wouldn't get into them. She wasn't a big fan of guns in the house to begin with. I had to promise that not only will trigger locks be used but all guns will be locked away in a safe and Ammo stored in a locked box separate from the guns. I have no problem with that what so ever. I take the federal minimum as a just that , a minimum. One can never be to safe with kids around..

Congrats! I am going for the PAL course this weekend.

Enjoy it! Perfect way to spend 2 days especially with this weather.. I had some characters in my course, the kind that would make you think shouldn't be allowed to carry a firearm, lol!

Edited by BillM

Enjoy it! Perfect way to spend 2 days especially with this weather.. I had some characters in my course, the kind that would make you think shouldn't be allowed to carry a firearm, lol!

Funny you should mention that Bill..There were 2 in my class that scared the hell out of me..One was a female Police officer here in town.. She was "Prove"ing a loaded 12 gauge stared right down the barrel..Also she couldn't figure out the safety on the lever action rifles without actually firing off the dummy round. I was surprised that a Police officer doesn't have to have their non restricted licences. Thank god for dummy rounds eh..The other guy couldn't learn to keep his finger off the trigger..He ironically enough was the only person to fail the course..

Congrats! I am going for the PAL course this weekend.

Awesome, go learn..You will do good and enjoy it.. My instructor is also the local gun smith here in town. Very smart man and an exellent teacher..His name is Wayne Miller his comany name in shurefire gun repair here in Brantford for anyone looking to sign up around here

Are you following me around like a lost puppy? Go ride someone else's nuts.

lol...kinda like you were doing to me last year for a short time? :angel:

besides, that was supposed to say "why?" rather than "and?". you can thank the new phone and T9 for that one.

/\ /\ /\ /\ Lol never a dull moment. Anyway I'm not going to bother with the restricted as I'm not a fan of hand guns.. Also promised the wife I wouldn't get into them. She wasn't a big fan of guns in the house to begin with. I had to promise that not only will trigger locks be used but all guns will be locked away in a safe and Ammo stored in a locked box separate from the guns. I have no problem with that what so ever. I take the federal minimum as a just that , a minimum. One can never be to safe with kids around..

just an FYI...a restricted license is not only for handguns, but other restricted long guns as well. ;) i agree that you can never be too safe with firearms.

PM me if you'd like to go hunting or shooting sometime. i'm taking another newly licensed guy next week (IF we have snow) to show him the ropes if you'd like to tag along for some rabbits and some skeet shooting :canadian:

Edited by ch312

lol...kinda like you were doing to me last year for a short time? :angel:

Huh? Sorry man, I've got better things to do with my time then follow someone around on a fishing forum..

As for why? I just don't see myself using or purchasing a handgun.. I'm happy with my rifles and shotguns.

The other guy couldn't learn to keep his finger off the trigger..He ironically enough was the only person to fail the course..

good thing too, i'd hate to be sharing the bush with someone like that! some people just don't understand how easily accidents can happen and you need to be on your "A game" when handling firearms.

As for why? I just don't see myself using or purchasing a handgun.. I'm happy with my rifles and shotguns.

fair enough. i just like to learn and understand the different views other firearms owners have, as well as those who are against firearms all together. and yes, i did ask "why" a lot when i was a kid and still do...

PS...there are many rifles and shotguns classified as restricted. there's a big misconception out there that restricted = only handguns.