Finally went and did it! Completed my PAL and hunter ed!

tb4me

Have some good news I wanted to share with you all... Finally went and finished the Canadian Firearms Safety course 2 weeks ago and just finished up my hunter Ed course today. I'm done and Legit now.. After 4 days of in class over 2 weekends I am good to go now..Just waiting on my Papers to come in the mail to get it all finalized..Now to find some land to hunt on..Any offers? lol

Right on! Congrats! You may as well forget about fishing from sept till Jan now, and yeah, blow the dust off the wallet! What do you want to hunting first? S.

I have been invited by a friend to go deal with some cyotes on his farm. He has well over 30 guns.. Going to go have at a few of them to see wich ones I like best. I suppose thats a good start. Im most looking forward to deer season next year.. I have already been invited to join a group. I was supposed to be ready for this years hunt and I got lazy and didnt do it. Missed out on a great hunt this year. The group filled out all thier tags. Including 2 , 8 point bucks..Lets hope next year is just as good..

Edited by tb4me

Good on ya man!

The PAL papers can take a while to get in the mail. Mine took a few months.

Are you going to stick to the guns, or get in to bow hunting at all?

Hunting can be a lifestyle for some people. More then just a week long deer hunt once a year. Enjoy it!

Congrats and my PAL renewal also took 2 mos

my advice on the hunting/shooting

Practice...practice...practice-----moving targets as well once you get your gun dialed in

& Always try to make that 1st shot count

Good luck---it's a great time being in the woods

Go to the Canadian Gun Nutz forum. They have an excellent pinned thread on how to speed up your Pal approval process. The biggest thing is to go online to the CFC site after you have submitted your application and monitor the progress. Call in for your interview and have your references call in for their interviews as well.

I did my non and restricted and hunting this past year. They are mandated to hold your application for a min. of 28days. I followed the advice from CGN and it was sent right out after the 28 days even with restricted.

The hard part is finding land to hunt on. I am looking forward to my first turkey hunt this spring.

Cheers,

Mark

Go to the Canadian Gun Nutz forum. They have an excellent pinned thread on how to speed up your Pal approval process. The biggest thing is to go online to the CFC site after you have submitted your application and monitor the progress. Call in for your interview and have your references call in for their interviews as well.

I did my non and restricted and hunting this past year. They are mandated to hold your application for a min. of 28days. I followed the advice from CGN and it was sent right out after the 28 days even with restricted.

The hard part is finding land to hunt on. I am looking forward to my first turkey hunt this spring.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks for the info Mark. I had no idea there were interviews involved here. Im not worried as all my references are good and I have never been divorced. That got me thinking here. Am I allowed to fre any non restricted gun without the PAL process completed? My friend says he is sure im allowed as long as he is there with me. I know I can bow hunt any time I want now that I completed the hunter Ed course. The last thing I want to do is get caught with a gun in my havd before the process is completed (card in hand) and ruin it all fo rme.

Don't be afraid to check out County Forest Tracts, I started hunting 7 years ago and Have had more success on public land then anywhere!

They are my go to spots for me to take my daughter for an outing because there is usually a descent consentration of animals(during bow season that is), unfortunatly when the pushers come for gun week...This usually all comes to an end!

Good luck!