Big Whitie (update)

Doctrt

Were the 'little' guy and the PIG caught on the same day ? If so did you not have the scale....or worse did it run out of batteries ?

Could you imagine thinking you've caught a WR and the scale blinks out.... :wallbash:

Oh I weighed it...and like I said, I probably should have kept it. Lets just say it was very, very, very big. Just couldn't bring myself to kill her.

Nice!!!

Shoulda bonked it and claimed the all tackle WR. ;)

I have no doubt that weight is accurate.

I have the older version of that scale and we tested it against a certified Chatillion scale up at the lodge and found my 50# scale accurate up to 70#'s. I didn't want to go any higher for fear of breaking it.

Hey guys,Tim has dragged me out for whities and lakers a few times.Those few uneventful trips have led to me refer to them as unicorns and bigfoot,as i saw no evidence of these creatures.Well no more ribbing him about whitefish.What a day.He landed 3, I got 1(the little guy).The two other he didn't note weighed 9lbs7oz and 11lbs5oz.He was aware of the record and against the advice of all present,simply slipped her back.Congrats Tim.

This is where things usually go south but here it is. No the scale is not certified, but it is accurate, and yes it is photoshopped...to hide the shoreline :)

All i could find as far as a "Lake Whitefish " World Record was a weight of 14.6 lbs back in 1984. If that's correct the weight of your fish would be a clear winner even if you took away almost 2 lbs. Witnesses+sworn affidavits+ Style points(Catch & Release) could= IGFA World Record? Am I way off base here?

http://wrec.igfa.org/WRecordsList.aspx?lc=AllTackle&cn=Whitefish,%20lake

Edited by moxie

Or you could just throw it on the ice and let it suffocate?

Good for you for letting it go. Although, my guess is that if it is ever caught again it will not swim away.

Please don't tell us you inserted a digit into its' anus a la HeadHunter either.