anyone going to Gilford tomorrow?

nancur373

bite was tough. Lots of bites but they were lite, we were using pan slammers and they were effective, but 2 guys beside us were catching non-stop with live minnows. Nothing big though. After talking to a few people, no one was getting the jumbos. Still a good day out there but it would have been nice to get some keepers

Ditto here - LOADS of small ones only a few keepers (maybe a dozen between Lexxington and myself). 3 herring as well - those were kind of neat but I've seen enough 4" perch to last me the rest of the winter :(

Certainly was a zoo out there today though - looked like the whole town of innisfil had been moved onto the ice and parking was nuts. Also some great booming ice noises - got to watch a crack appear under my feet - that'll wake you up! (But ice was just building up - were on a solid 6 inches) Ah well - beats sitting at home.

Ditto here - LOADS of small ones only a few keepers (maybe a dozen between Lexxington and myself). 3 herring as well - those were kind of neat but I've seen enough 4" perch to last me the rest of the winter :(

Certainly was a zoo out there today though - looked like the whole town of innisfil had been moved onto the ice and parking was nuts. Also some great booming ice noises - got to watch a crack appear under my feet - that'll wake you up! (But ice was just building up - were on a solid 6 inches) Ah well - beats sitting at home.

we had a solid 11"

We had some slow action for perch first thing in the morning. Caught 8 in a our 30 minutes. All 10 to 12". Headed out deep for white fish after that. Few schools came buy. Rolled one. Nothing on the ice. G-bay tomorrow.

I was out at Virginia Beach today. Really thinking about heading there again tomorrow. I found the jumbos. I had consistent action all day and landed about 90 perch and at least 1/2 of them were jumbos. Maybe 10 - 15 of the total were under 8 inches. Also 1 herring about 2 lb. Everyone else I talked to said they were getting mostly dinks. Anyone else heading there tomorrow!

I was out at Virginia Beach today. Really thinking about heading there again tomorrow. I found the jumbos. I had consistent action all day and landed about 90 perch and at least 1/2 of them were jumbos. Maybe 10 - 15 of the total were under 8 inches. Also 1 herring about 2 lb. Everyone else I talked to said they were getting mostly dinks. Anyone else heading there tomorrow!

Hey tapout, ill be at VB tomorrow if you wanted to hook up?

Just wondering how deep were you fishing. Been out twice and the first time was at 20 feet and had about 20 keepers and the second time was around 23 feet and had 15 keepers. I always like to stay on the outside of everyone not in the middle. Good luck and that hut of yours is sweet. Mines a whine setting it up in the wind.