Which show to attend?

musky_hunter

Which is the better show to attend? Which has the most vendors and best deals?

TORONTO SPORTSMEN SHOW
February 7 – 10
Direct Energy Centre
Exhibition Place
http://www.sportshows.ca

TORONTO FISHING & BOAT SHOW
February 15 – 18
International Centre
6900 Airport Rd. Mississauga
http://www.springfishingandboatshow.com

Edited by musky_hunter

I'm going to the Sportsmen Show for the first time in 7 or 8 years. I stopped going because a lot of the fishing related displays were out numbered by the non fishing vendors. I also like to go to the London Boat and fishing show. Unfortunately a lot of these shows have been taken over by too many non fishing or non-hunting related vendours. I got a $3.00 discount by buying on line. With my senior discount it was only $13.00, so it's a cheap way to spend the day.

Edited by Rolly

one show has fishing and boats (fishing and boat show) the other has dogs, hunting, infomercial products, and other junk.

if i was with the wife who wanted to see dogs jumping through hoops, i'd go to the sportsman show, otherwise, the fishing show is where its at.

also, the fishing show is having hour long seminars each morning, put on by some of the industry's best...I'm aware of a bass one and a salmon one...

the sportsman show didn't choose the week prior to the fishing show for no reason.

The vendors all hope to break even after they count in the show fees, set-up, part timers costs etc. They feel they need to be at the shows for the possibility of getting a larger customer base. But in the end for the consumer there are very few 'great deals'. Figure in your gas costs, parking costs, lunch costs, and buying something you really didn't need. You are better off working with your favourite retailer most of the time, IMO.