silo demolition- insane

rmarentette

Well i guess not many people can say this but...Been there done that !

We used to demo a lot of barns when i was in the Excavating business, silo's were the funnest. Back when dynamite was easy to get we used that but as it became harder to get we moved on to pushing them over with an excavator, sometimes hired the local redneck that for some reason had a suppply of TNT ( i didnt ask why). One of the last ones we did was one of those slab type silo's and we(my brother) had the brainwave to poke a few holes in it and do some fancy weaving with some heavy cable and then pull the cable down with the excavator. Well the landowner thought we were nuts and filmed the whole thing. Lets just say basket weaving wasn't my brother best trait. We pulled the cable and about 1/2 the slabs that were supposed to come out actually did. Guess who had to finish it with a sledge hammer. Thank fully it landed right on target, i was less than 20 feet away from the base when it landed, the whole time hearing the landowner repeadedly yelling RUN. Someday im going to drop by and see if he still has that tape.

Well i guess not many people can say this but...Been there done that !

We used to demo a lot of barns when i was in the Excavating business, silo's were the funnest. Back when dynamite was easy to get we used that but as it became harder to get we moved on to pushing them over with an excavator, sometimes hired the local redneck that for some reason had a suppply of TNT ( i didnt ask why). One of the last ones we did was one of those slab type silo's and we(my brother) had the brainwave to poke a few holes in it and do some fancy weaving with some heavy cable and then pull the cable down with the excavator. Well the landowner thought we were nuts and filmed the whole thing. Lets just say basket weaving wasn't my brother best trait. We pulled the cable and about 1/2 the slabs that were supposed to come out actually did. Guess who had to finish it with a sledge hammer. Thank fully it landed right on target, i was less than 20 feet away from the base when it landed, the whole time hearing the landowner repeadedly yelling RUN. Someday im going to drop by and see if he still has that tape.

Did you ever hear about the one we did on hwy 19 just south of you in 1986 , just coming north out of Uniondalle first place on the right .... hammered at it with a payloader more or less til it came down ... lol

Did you ever hear about the one we did on hwy 19 just south of you in 1986 , just coming north out of Uniondalle first place on the right .... hammered at it with a payloader more or less til it came down ... lol

No I cant say i remember that one, I never cared much for being in a machine while taking one down, especially a payloader