Fat Gator

dheitzner

Been a while since I posted a report, but I'm still getting out on the water as often as I can.

Was happy to drive a couple of hours north in the fog on Saturday morning to spend a day fishing on one of my favorite bodies of water. I had heard that there were some decent pike in there, and we got into a few smaller specimens along with some really nice (although unfortunately OOS) smallies throughout the day. As we killed the last few minutes of our outing, I was rewarded with this fatty that hit a drop-shotted minnow in 21fow. After a 15 minute battle with some really blistering runs I iced her and after a few quick pics and measurements, back down the hole she went. I revived her with my hand in the water for 3 or 4 minutes, and with a quick flick of the tale...gone! Taped out at 42.5" with a 20.5"girth, and was fat all the way down her body.

Thanks for looking, see you on the water...

Darcy

2013-01-12 16.52.21 (800x600).jpg

Thanks for all the kind words folks.

The fish was caught north of Parry Sound, but south of Sudbury on a small body of water, on 8lb test line.

Although I likely could have squeezed her through an 8" hole, I was really glad that I bit the bullet & dragged around the 10" Jiffy all day (especially when she was at the hole and I was trying to turn her head! lol)