2013 Fish Predictions

Hey guys. Just thought I would post a topic on what are going to be the big ones that I am going to catch this year. My main goal is to catch at least a 20 inch bass. Dont care if its smallmouth or largemouth. Almost had it last year, but lost it right at the boat. Im hoping to beat my pike record of 30 inches too. I know thats small, but the lake I fish in doesnt have big ones. Also I would like to beat my perch record of 12.5 inches. Had a 12 this year at Cooks, so I was close. What about you guys.

Winter target would be a whitefish that gets it's shoulders caught in a 6" hole

For spring, I'm looking for a 30lb carp (several high 20's over the last few years) and I'll also be trying to add a few on the centre pin. Be nice to do both together.

and about the only thing I really have a jones on for is a big rainbow out on the lake, something that'll nudge that 20lb mark

(2 years ago I had a piggy on in out in the blue zone that was so fat it couldn't jump out of the water. All it did was get halfway and then fall back - still haunted by those images as it threw the hook close to the boat)

Any Lake Trout

Any Longnose Gar

A girlfriend who likes fishing (not sure if thats related or not)

Ha ha for me although I like seeing big fish I want to catch some new stuff.

Oh also my buddy has what I'm guessing is an 80+ pound sturgeon under his dock at his cottage (Broke 30 pound braid like it was dental floss) we don't have to catch it, I'd just like to see it.

50 inch pike, 27in brookie, 30+ lb laker.

That sounds ridiculous to most people hahaha.

I'd like:

Lots of brookies from unexpected areas/creeks/lakes. Hoping to try lots of new and difficult to reach spots. (summer and spring)

A whitefish and a decent (+5lbs) laker would be nice this winter.

Plenty of walleye over 22". Already have 2.

Find a few more "secret" fishing spots and camping locations.

Hit the big lakes with somebody from this board for salmon or steelhead.

Sounds like a fish with teeth.

30lb braid will handle a sturgeon, just need patience and a good drag.

I dunno, my buddies arn't too bright, when they hooked into it they tried pulling it off the bottom with all their might (Imagine a 250 pound guy trying to pull up a goliath grouper) the fish didn't even budge, just kept sweeping along the bottom at a laid back pace. Eventually the weight of my buddy + weight of fish snapped the line.

Lots of snow pack between now and end of March combined with heavy rains, for S Ontario.

More time fishing than last year.

As for the fish, I'd like to catch either/both a brown and bow pushing 20lbs. Have caught one of each that were close but not confirmed.

Edited by nomad

I imagine I'll slam perch, crappies, gills and big northerns through the ice. I'll spend spring catching giant catfish and carp, steelhead and crappies. In the summer I'll focus on trophy bass and pike worth catching (38" and up). Fall continues that, accompanied by big salmon and spring trout. Hope to get up for muskies and some bigger walleye this year at some point, as well as catch my first laker.