Are you a lousy shot. Not anymore

hammercarp

Well..........delivering a 130 grain soft point pill from my Ruger .270........ :whistling:

Copy6ofDeerHunting11-19-05032.jpg

OR......maybe just a 45 grain hollow point pill delivered from my Ruger .22-250 better know around here as "CHUCK MATE" at 4000 fps

Copy5ofDeerHunting11-19-05049.jpg

Either way........I don't need a $5000 or more contraption they have above...... :rolleyes:

We used to have small arms instructors who had no problem pegging targets with the old LeeEnfield III and IV at ranges of 1 mile without all the gadgets.

I still remember... " Downs!!! Having trouble finding the target?? 25 pushups for each round missed." The 5 with the lowest scores that day got an extra trip to the Assault course. You got proficient real quick

We used to have small arms instructors who had no problem pegging targets with the old LeeEnfield III and IV at ranges of 1 mile without all the gadgets.

My grandfather was a sniper with the British Army in the trenches of France during WW1 and it was the old LeeEnfields he used also. Said it was a heavy gun but deadly accurate.

Could have used that 40 years ago. I have a small blurred patch dead centre of my right eye, makes it difficult to aim at all. Don't know how I ever got my Leading Infantryman qualification, must have been a backlog on the paperwork that day. I could fire off a full 20-round magazine with the old FN 7.62mm C1, and when I looked at the target it wasn't much of a grouping, more like an area code.

I still remember... " Downs!!! Having trouble finding the target?? 25 pushups for each round missed." The 5 with the lowest scores that day got an extra trip to the Assault course. You got proficient real quick

Negative reinforcement is effective. I've been given several doses.