NF: BURKE FIRED!!!!, Merry Christmas to all us Leafs fans.

lhousesoccer

Thank god. If Burke never came to Toronto they would be in the same position Edmonton is in. Low draft choices and a possible cup contender in a few years. Suck it Burke

Beautifully said :clapping::clapping::rofl2:

You like that one? Heres another one. Dave KnowsLess. His Legacy? " Just because you turn a soiled pair of underwear inside out doesn't make them clean." I crack me up!!!!!!

Note to self ; I'd best refrain from anymore responses to this thread for fear disgruntled Leaf Fans converging on my front lawn brandishing pitch forks while chanting feverishly for my head. At least it will give them something meaningful to chant for.

Edited by moxie

Reading between the lines from what Amseli (sp) said, it seems to me that new ownership did not like Burkes style of leadership. His gruff style, shooting from the hip is not what corporations want in their leadership. Nonis is preceived as being more "professional".

That was my take on it.

HH

No doubt BB has a style that would not sit well with some/many, but that style hasn't changes since the new owners took over in August. Only a fool would not know what type of personality BB had beforehand.

I can see both sides of the fire him/keep him argument, in particular for a new ownership group, but to fire him now looks like a gong show.

Edited by kickingfrog

Burke is an embarassment as a spokesperson for an NHL team. Rogers and Bell won't put up with his huge ego and his lack of polish. I couldn't stand watching him spit into that cup everytime they panned the Team press box. Embarrassing that a spokesperson for the leafs is caught on camera with DIP!

I liked and bought into his idea of building the team with draft picks. "You don't trade away your future". Yeah right then he dumps three major picks for Kessel! Totally inconsistent and he lost all credibility with me.

Let's trade Kessel and get the albatrose off of his neck. Let the kid go some where so he isn't haunted by a trade for which he has no responsibilty.

I am absolutely sick of watching a Canadian team with so many Americans on the team. The NCAA doesn't play an NHL style. They don't play enough games to make them capable of playing an NHL style hockey. Burke totally dismissed the OHL, WHL and QHL because he was intent on drafting Americans. Let's draft players with some grit!!!

Dan O.

Edited by Oggie

Burke is an embarassment as a spokesperson for an NHL team. Rogers and Bell won't put up with his huge ego and his lack of polish. I couldn't stand watching him spit into that cup everytime they panned the Team press box. Embarrassing that a spokesperson for the leafs is caught on camera with DIP!

I liked and bought into his idea of building the team with draft picks. "You don't trade away your future". Yeah right then he dumps three major picks for Kessel! Totally inconsistent and he lost all credibility with me.

Let's trade Kessel and get the albatrose off of his neck. Let the kid go some where so he isn't haunted by a trade for which he has no responsibilty.

I am absolutely sick of watching a Canadian team with so many Americans on the team. The NCAA doesn't play an NHL style. They don't play enough games to make them capable of playing an NHL style hockey. Burke totally dismissed the OHL, WHL and QHL because he was intent on drafting Americans. Let's draft players with some grit!!!

Dan O.

That's another issue with him I forgot about!

I think Burke is going to eventually take over the coach's corner spot when Cherry retires. This firing sets him up for that.

Boy I'd love to be in the hall when those two pass each other as they hand off the "batton". UFC would look like a picnic! I wonder how much Cherry's dislike of Burke and Wilson had to do with their ultimate firing.

Dan O.

Just wondering, if burkie was the former gm and president of the club, and nonis is hired as the g.m and senior vice president. Who is the president of the leafs?

The three headed monster that is now the board didn't like BB's title. Poof, you're fired. Now we can expect all trades to be vetted by Larry, Bell and Rogers. AKA the three stooges.

The three headed monster that is now the board didn't like BB's title. Poof, you're fired. Now we can expect all trades to be vetted by Larry, Bell and Rogers. AKA the three stooges.

Rob your always welcome to come over to the dark side because as you know my team has run so perfectly the last 20 years!!!! Lol

You can't be serious?

American players obviously should be a part of the team as should Europeans but I don't believe either should make up most of any team. When the going gets tough they aren't going to lead the charge to the net. It's what they do in the playoffs that count not the regular season which is mostly non-body contact (except for this year).

Burke had blinders on. He spend too much time scouting the NCAA to the exclusion of Canadian Juniors.

Dan O.