NF: BURKE FIRED!!!!, Merry Christmas to all us Leafs fans.

lhousesoccer

I think its good timing. Management are probably worried about the trade rumours regarding Luongo, and are stopping any damage being done. Proactive, rather than reactive. Can Toronto really afford him in trade?

Alex Anthopolous is rumoured to have the upper hand as his replacement

Wow. Thats crazy. I am really mixed on this. I think Burke really dropped the ball a few times by not doing offer sheets and signing the big contracts to try and lure Richards etc.. I think that was a big time mistake. I do like a few of the deals he did make though.

After two years and he said he wasn't going to give away the farm?,What farm? Giver I say,but four years,sorry Brian.They are barely different than when he began IMO.

Actually they are completly different in terms of personel but the same results with the same flaws, Weak defense, no goaltend solution, no top line center. That is why he has been fired. a complete overhaul and still the same flaws.

Im shocked at the timing of this move.Brian was a great future builder. The Marlies have had a unreal run in the AHL and we have players all over the CHL and OHL including the ECHL. The people that say he has done nothing, and we have no future..I guess there is just no pleasing some people..The future is very bright and im impressed with his work done here. Thank-you Mr. Brian Burke.

Edited by tb4me

The timing is insane imo. a week before they drop the puck? Clearly some big deals can be made in the next couple weeks and I think this is going to be a huge setback towards making some deals. They said they have been thinking about this for months, Why not just do it months ago and give nonis a running start.

Im shocked at the timing of this move.Brian was a great future builder. The Marlies have had a unreal run in the AHL and we have players all over the CHL and OHL including the ECHL. The people that say he has done nothing, and we have no future..I guess there is just no pleasing some people..The future is very bright and im impressed with his work done here. Thank-you Mr. Brian Burke.

I obviously don't agree.The future may look nice in the "minors",but 3 plus years imo has not shown the city he is out to make a true stanley cup contender.In the future sure,But he had long enough to put a contender on the ice. Again IMO.

Reading between the lines from what Amseli (sp) said, it seems to me that new ownership did not like Burkes style of leadership. His gruff style, shooting from the hip is not what corporations want in their leadership. Nonis is preceived as being more "professional".

That was my take on it.

HH

Reading between the lines from what Amseli (sp) said, it seems to me that new ownership did not like Burkes style of leadership. His gruff style, shooting from the hip is not what corporations want in their leadership. Nonis is preceived as being more "professional".

That was my take on it.

HH

Been hearing that as well.