You guys think simcoe is good? then take a look at this...

Yesterday Jeremy and I ventured out onto a few lakes in the richmond hill area, spent most of the morning on a new lake to us, we found a bunch of crappie there, just couldn't get them to hit, by 2 we decided it was a lost cause and we packed up. Next on the agenda was my secret perch spot, on the way we passed a good crappie lake, we stopped and fished it for 20 mins, Jeremy got one hit but that was it. So we continued to my pond, upon arrival as always this spot seems dead, but  it had good ice and I reassured Jeremy that this was a lively spot. So we drilled a couple holes and started looking, when he first put his transducer down there was nothing to mark, still he dropped down his jig and within seconds was getting bit. This is what his flasher looked like as soon as the jig went down...

http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/minientrepreneur/media/IMG_0407_zps197bbcc6.mp4.html

It didn't matter what we did, but almost every drop I would have a fish before the bait got to bottom, we don't have many pics just cause the fishing was so hot, but here's one that I took that was roughly 10 inches (a lot were this size, and I've caught multiple 13 inchers out of this pond)

photo-21_zps3cae1439.jpg

It started getting dark, then the cop came, apparently they had been getting many "concerned calls" (which I'm sure were complaints) from people who live around the lake. First the cop yelled to us from shore saying that the ice was unsafe, we told him that we had been checking every 10 feet or so and that it was fine, we were both wearing float suits, had ice picks and a rope. Then he said that it may be safe where we were but the area infront of us was very dangerous, then of course he walked across the extremely dangerous ice to get to us. He asked us to measure (hoping he could get us)  I stuck down my tape and it came back up at exactly 4" of good ice,  he proceeded to ask us if we were keeping any, how we got in, if we had licences, we didn't want to keep arguing and find ourselves packing in the dark so we backed down and left, WE WILL BE BACK LOL. In the end we got about 80 perch in the couple hours we were there, and I had my first perch (new favourite  :thumbsup_anim: )

Edited by Christopher k

Chris is young and sadly I look like I'm a lot younger then I actually am (I get ID'd all the time at the LCBO) the officer probably thought he knew better then these two young 'punk kids' and could intimidate us into leaving. I was going to give him a perch and wish him a merry christmas and ask him to leave us be. Whatever, it was still a fun day.

Edited by jeremy84

Chris is young and sadly I look like I'm a lot younger then I actually am (I get ID'd all the time at the LCBO) the officer probably thought he knew better then these two young 'punk kids' and could intimidate us into leaving. I was going to give him a perch and wish him a merry christmas and ask him to leave us be. Whatever, it was still a fun day.

You should've snuck a small perch into his pocket as he was leaving

I'm very surprised he came out on the ice.. I always thought they would never venture out on thin ice. Specially with out any safety gear. That cop was just plain stupid in my opinion...

Edited by N.A.W

It's always the same most cops know nothing about fishing regs or practices !!!! They try and think they do but they don't !!! Another member from the board and I were fishing scugog and the cops came up to us while we were trolling and seen my floating marker bouys out that were marking a weed edge and he hassled me unreal telling me they were not even legal !!!!! Hahaha he didn't even know what they were !!!! Just clowns ..... They should stick to knowing cop stuff not about fishing or related stuff like ice safety and gear .....

It's always the same most cops know nothing about fishing regs or practices !!!! They try and think they do but they don't !!! Another member from the board and I were fishing scugog and the cops came up to us while we were trolling and seen my floating marker bouys out that were marking a weed edge and he hassled me unreal telling me they were not even legal !!!!! Hahaha he didn't even know what they were !!!! Just clowns ..... They should stick to knowing cop stuff not about fishing or related stuff like ice safety and gear .....

LOL, I half expected to hear that he said you were littering! :lol: