Fish Theft!

Rich

funny pic !!! ya in the days before i had a boat with a livewell i have had snapping turtles eat the fish off a stringer hanging in the water over the side of tyhe boat waiting to be cleaned !!! i have also lost a minnow bucket,off the dock but im thinking it was a otter as we could see tracks on the dock and the chew marks in the rope,i have also had ospreys dive and swoop at the fish on the stringer in the water !!!! all leassons learned many years ago .....

haha, yep, made the same mistake fishing from a paddle boat at my grandmas cottage, twice! Once left a stringer of perch for a snapping turtle to eat like a chicken wing at the dock while i had lunch. Thought i had him beat next time, used a 5 gallon pail, went up for lunch.. oops this time the bear found it! Lmao

~~~~Was on Simcoe, had a nice Trout on the ice, relaxing in my chair, Golden Lab came up to say hello, and sniff around, next thing a look over at him he carrying my phish back to his owner, A very well trained dog, wish he was mine

ahah thats hilarious

I was in Dryden one year moose hunting and decided to go do some fishing. Caught some pike and decided to clean them. As I filleted the pike I place the meat on a rock behind me. When I was done I turned around to get my fillets and caught a mink carrying off the last of the fillets to his lair which unbeknown to me was just a couple feet away from my pile of fish. Bonappetit !!

That must have left a crappie taste in your mouth haha.......

There was a lake up north near camp that had lots of specks. My grandfather lost almost a full limit and thought maybe turtles got them or they some how shook off the stringer. He put another one on and almost lost it too, it was otters.. They moved in and cleaned the small lake out completely..

~~~~Was on Simcoe, had a nice Trout on the ice, relaxing in my chair, Golden Lab came up to say hello, and sniff around, next thing a look over at him he carrying my phish back to his owner, A very well trained dog, wish he was mine

The same thing almost happened to me. Had a half dozen trout on the ice in Gander, NFLD. Me and my dog were fishing and watching a spaniel run around steeling peoples fish. When he started coming towards us, my dog Max got up and steered him away about a half dozen times. The spaniel finally gave up and left. Max came back and laid back down. I never said a word the whole time. What a great dog he was.